Suggestion: please disable HTML editor

Suggestion: please disable HTML editor

από Jaime Villate -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 8
I was just playing with the SandBox in the MoodleWiki that Martin created, and I noticed a few features I was not aware ewiki had: alignment of figures and font coloring, to name a couple.

Trying to look at the source of the pages that generated that page, I realized that those tricks were not being inserted by ewiki but by the HTML editor.

This is a potential source of trouble. For instance, to include an image, some users will use the ewiki syntax [image URL] while others will insert it directly with the HTML editor in a form that is not the standard ewiki method and which will be very hard to parse by wiki-to-something parsers (they are actually inserting HTML code directly, which is a feature of ewiki, but in a hidden form that goes against the simplicity of other wikis).

On the other hand you can see in the SandBox that users waste a lot of time playing with fancy tricks in the HTML editor, rather than writting content without worrying about format.

I propose that the use of the HTML editor be forbidden in the Wiki module, even for those users that select it as default.
Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Jaime Villate

Re: Suggestion: please disable HTML editor

από Martin Dougiamas -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Documentation writers Φωτογραφία Moodle HQ Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers Φωτογραφία Testers
That's a choice you have when you set up your own Wikis in Moodle.

Some sites will want to allow the editor, some will not.
Σε απάντηση σε Martin Dougiamas

από Ger Tielemans -

In a WIki users do a lot reshaping their pages. With the HTML-editor of I see two problems with the HTML-editor:

1. all the  "do's  and undo's" when editing a resource are inserted as new tags, again and again... (it is more a kind of "redo and redo")
  2. if you insert a relative path  to a resource and you reopen the editor, the editor makes it absolute and most of the time you even end up with a serious browser-error.

Also here a problem: When you migrate to a new server, like we do on this moment, you have to change all these absolute paths in documents that were touched by the HTML-editor.

Σε απάντηση σε Ger Tielemans

από Mike Churchward -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers Φωτογραφία Testers

So, what are you suggesting with respect to the wiki module?

mike

από John DeBruyn -

One vote for letting each instance of moodle make up its own mind.

από Dirk Grunwald -
I know that this is an old topic (people not liking the HTML editor in the Wiki), but...

I just installed a 1.5dev moodle using the CVS repository. I created a wiki & specified to use the HTML Editor (because we want it - it's very popular with our folks -- esp. the spell check)

However, the HTML editor appears to be disabled, even if I've specified that it should be allowed.

I'm having the same problem in postings to Forum's, and I'm not certain what the underlying problem is. It works fine for Resources, etc, but not in these two cases.

I looked for global settings to control the use of the editor & couldn't find it (I did check the per-wiki control).

Has this feature been disabled or is this some kind of pilot error with my 1.5 setup?