Upload & Review Conversion Script

Re: Upload & Review Conversion Script

by Quinn Warnick -
Number of replies: 0
Just a quick follow-up to my own post. I was able to get this script to work as a standalone file by adding one line directly after the first line of the file. The first three lines of the file now look like this:

<?php
require_once('../config.php');

I placed the PHP file in my /admin directory and then ran it by manually navigating to the file in my web browser. When the script runs, it doesn't provide any confirmation that it worked, so I checked the MySQL database to confirm that the "assignmenttype" fields that used to be "uploadreview" had been converted to "upload."

The script worked perfectly, by the way! All of the "upload and review" assignments in the database were converted to "advanced uploading of files," and I was able to access old assignments (both the students' uploaded files and the instructors' response files) without any problems.

Thanks for putting this together, Bryce. I think it will be helpful to a lot of people who used to use Humboldt's "upload and review" assignment type but would prefer to use the built-in "advanced uploading of files" in newer versions of Moodle.