More documentation

More documentation

by Gary Frederick -
Number of replies: 5
I installed and am getting familiar with Moodle. I think I missed some basic documentation.

Where are things like how to add a user image or what each of the icons represent documented (other than in the code smile )?

Thanks for some great software.

Gary
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Frederick

Re: More documentation

by Gary Frederick -
I am finding the documentation mostly online.

I'm working on some documentation for our students that's just html so they can play without mysql/php/web server. I'll post if anything comes of what I'm doing.

Gary

by Gary Frederick -

and it looks like you have to use IE to load an image?

I could not fine how to load an image, looke and looked and then tried IE. There it was in the edit profile - for IE  smile

Gary

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You should be able to upload images using any browser ... what were you using?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Gary Frederick -
You are right. It's my install of moodle that does not have the input field to upload an image in the user profile.

I was looking on my install of moodle, tried IE and then tried my profile on http://moodle.org/ and got the field. I assumed...

How do I turn on the ability to upload an image?

Thanks,

Gary

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Your server must have GD installed ... you can see what the setting is on the admin's "configure variables" screen. If GD isn't found then this setting is automatically turned off, and this affects part of the interface (like the user profile image) that need it.

(This dicussion should really be in the 'Installation problems' forum).