Quiz Questions no longer backing up

Quiz Questions no longer backing up

by Megan Pfister -
Number of replies: 0

Forgive me, while I am a Moodle Admin on our site, I do not directly work with the php code, or the mysql server, so most of what I'm going to say isn't even going to make sense to me.

We're running Moodle 1.6.5 on mysql 5.0.24 and php version 5.2.1

Our issue is that when we backup/restore a course, no matter how we do it (via backup/restore, import, zip file, etc), the quizzes created but there are NO questions inside them. And we are unable to ADD any questions to those quizzes. The error "No Questions Found" comes up. When I use a previous backup of the course, one that was done about 3 or 4 weeks ago, the quiz questions will restore with the quiz.

• We've run MYSQL-ADMIN to repair any tables.
  • copying in the quizzes, then copying in the questions.
  • importing the questions directly into the course using zip files
  • We've setup a dev moodle and moved the database over, but the problem seems to stick with the data
  • We tried following the code in this bug tracker, but to no avail - http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-7033
  • We then upgraded from Moodle 1.6.1 to 1.6.5. It didn't help.

Here's an example of an error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',,,)' at line 1

SELECT q.*, i.grade AS maxgrade, i.id AS instance FROM mdl_question q, mdl_quiz_question_instances i WHERE i.quiz = '25053' AND q.id = i.question AND q.id IN (,,,,)

or

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near',,,,,,,,,605,606,607,608,609,610,611,612,613,614)' at line 1 SELECT q.*, i.grade AS maxgrade, i.id AS instance FROMmdl_question q, mdl_quiz_question_instances i WHERE i.quiz ='23540' AND q.id = i.question AND q.id IN(,,,,,,,,,,605,606,607,608,609,610,611,612,613,614)

We will PAY for help on this issue. Our Moodle guy said that the problem seems to be in the data and it is above his head. Please, if you could help us, let me know.

Thanks! - Megan

Average of ratings: -