Sending backup to another server

Sending backup to another server

by Benjamin Daugherty -
Number of replies: 7
I would like to set up Moodle to send backup files to another server. I have created an SMB link on my Fedora 5 box to my Novell server. What should I enter in on the backup form to have it send backups to my Novell server?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Benjamin Daugherty

Re: Sending backup to another server

by A. H. -
Hi,

I have the same issue but I am using Linux server. Want the backup to be sent to:
1- another linux server
2- a windows 2003 server

Any help?

regards,
amer

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't know if this can be done, so I'd use some sort of automated copy outside Moodle (with rsync, scp, ftp or such).

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I found a helpful article on Howtoforge.net entitled "Automated Backups with rdiff-backup". It gives instructions for setting up a ssh key and special backup user account that will allow another linux server to pull the data across with the rdiff-backup command being able to be run by cron without having to manually enter a password. I hope this might help.

by John Isner -
In addition to the ideas suggested above, see this discussion.

In reply to John Isner

by Simon Britton -
I use webmin on all of our Linux box's for total management, it has a very usefull backup system that you can configure to back up via rsh, ssh or ftp. Plus lots of other extremely useful admin interfaces, and of course like all of the best software, its free. Hope its helpful http://www.webmin.com/