Displaying TeX on SunOS

Displaying TeX on SunOS

ni Aaron Metz -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Moodlers,

When using the TeX debugger I am receiving the following message:

**********************************************************************************************
/home/ais/public_html/subdomain/eaglenet/filter/tex/mimetex.sunos: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
The shell command
"/home/ais/public_html/subdomain/eaglenet/filter/tex/mimetex.sunos" -e "/home/ais/public_html/subdomain/eaglenet/moodledata/filter/tex/74c2b66b2d2501b77fad711fd1febcf0.gif" '\Large f(x)=\Bigint_{-\infty}^x~e^{-t^2}dt'
returned status = 2
mimetex executable not found!
Image not found!
***********************************************************************************************

We are using SunOS moon 5.9 Generic_118559-13 i86pc and I have downloaded the sun mimetex file from http://download.moodle.org/mimetex/

I modified the "switch_PHPOS" statement in pix.php to reference the sun mimetex (which by the way did not have the .sunos extension) and have set execute permission of the binary file.

Run out of ideas now, can someone please offer me some advice.

Cheers,
Aaron
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Metz

Re: Displaying TeX on SunOS

ni Lars Jensen -
Hi Aaron,

This is my case line from tex/pix.php:

case "SunOS":
$cmd = "\"$CFG->dirroot/$CFG->texfilterdir/mimetex.sunos\" -e \"$pathname\" -- ". escapeshellarg($texexp);

and here is my line from tex/texdebug.php:

case "SunOS":
$commandpath="$CFG->dirroot/$CFG->texfilterdir/mimetex.sunos";
$cmd = "\"$CFG->dirroot/$CFG->texfilterdir/mimetex.sunos\" -e \"$pathname\" ". escapeshellarg($texexp);
break;

Edit corresponding lines in the corresponding files in the algebradirectory.

Lars.