Introducing Moodle’s next CEO: Scott Anderberg

Introducing Moodle’s next CEO: Scott Anderberg

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 0

Hey everyone!

I posted here in September about my desire to shift away from Moodle’s CEO role to focus on research, and I’m now happy to introduce Scott Anderberg who will be joining Moodle as our next CEO, starting in February 2024.

Scott has a long history in education technology. He began his career at eCollege, an eLearning software and services provider and he joins us from Boundless Learning where he held the role of Chief Revenue Officer.  His expertise is best defined by his 15 years of experience with Pearson, where he has an excellent track record in multiple leadership roles, including his tenure as Vice President of Pearson Online Learning Services, leading the business through rapid growth and serving students from more than 150 countries.

Scott was born in the US and has spent many years working internationally, including 3 years in Australia, and most recently working in the UK.  

The Moodle Board, leadership team and I have all spent a lot of time with Scott and we feel he will be a great addition to our team.  He is passionate about EdTech, advancing Moodle’s mission and our open source community, and enthusiastic about increasing our sustainability through our commercial services while maintaining a positive and thriving work culture, so I feel he has what it takes to lead the Moodle organisation into a bright future.

I’m not going anywhere!  I will be transitioning into the role of Head of Research to focus on the use of new technologies (especially AI) in education and learning -  as always in the most Open ways possible.  Some of that work will be aimed at the current Moodle products and some of it will be new products.  Apart from that I’ll of course be working closely with Scott to help him get up to speed, and continuing as Chairman of the Board of Directors.

I’m positive about what Scott will bring to Moodle and I encourage you to welcome and support both him and the next stage of Moodle’s journey.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me anytime in the usual places.

Cheers!

Martin