Functionality with Moodle - November update

Functionality with Moodle - November update

by Carles Aguiló -
Number of replies: 0

Dear moodlers,

We've had an action month at Integrations this past October, so it's time to recap the most exciting news.

1. DevLearn Conference in Las Vegas

The DevLearn Conference in Las Vegas allowed us to meet some interesting new tools in the educational technology space and also to meet my colleagues from the US "office", who were exhibiting Moodle Workplace at the trade show. Probably the only new functionality that I discovered was a tool to lip sync for dubbing purposes using AI called LipDub. I was also happy to meet Genially again, who were distributing some Moodle t-shirts in anticipation of their LTI Moodle integration. Meet the team at Vegas: (left to right) Hannah, Justin, myself, Don and Jeff. A joy to spend time with them! 😍

The Moodle team at the DevLearn Conference

2. The book "Disability Visibility"

It may not seem directly related to educational technology, but this beautiful book contains first-person stories of people with disabilities and has me often thinking about the approach that we take to solving accessibility problems in software. I'm in the middle of reading it, but it has already refined my understanding of how we should care for those who may only suspect or be completely unaware that they have special accessibility needs.  It is important for us in tech leadership positions to cater for as many of us as possible and to actively provide alternative content formats. A big thank you to The Analog Dope bookstore for having a selection that is a joy to browse. The book "Disability Visibility" is a fruit of the Disability Visibility Project by Alice Wong.

3. Accessibility course and webinar

Our Moodle Academy course "Introduction to Accessibility" provides many insights about good practice when creating learning materials. Our Certified Integration partner Brickfield Education Labs, focusing on this topic and authors of the accessibility checks that come with Moodle LMS and Moodle Workplace, also covered a lot of the information in the course in a webinar this week.

And that's all this month! Get ready for the Integrations' Survey and a new exciting Certified Integration in the field of assessment very soon!!! 😉