MoodleCloud Advanced Features

MoodleCloud Advanced Features

by Jessica Horstmann -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,
I am new to using MoodleCloud and I find most of the information out there applies to regular Moodle and not MoodleCloud. 

Under “site administration” > “advanced features” there are multiple options greyed out with a note “defined in config.php.”  These include desirable features such as enabling portfolios, analytics, and accessibility tools. Is there a way to add these options?

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jessica Horstmann

Re: MoodleCloud Advanced Features

by Barbara van Dongen -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi Jessica,

MoodleCloud is a pre-configured version of Moodle. To provide a cost effective solution, all MoodleCloud sites have the same features and limitations. Individual MoodleCloud sites are not customised by enabling some of these features on request.

If you want to use all of Moodle's features, you will need to use Moodle LMS. You can find out more in our article, About Moodle.

Kind regards,
Barbara

In reply to Barbara van Dongen

by Charles Thompson -
@Barbara van Dongen
Thank you so much for this response.  It helps me a lot - and saves me from spending money to find out later that I cannot add custom tables and fields to MoodleCloud.  Now I know to go the AWS route.  I will try out a Bitnami Moodle 4 machine image to see what it can do for me.
In reply to Charles Thompson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Be aware that the people who frequent these forums generally do not use the Bitnami stack so will not be able to offer advice on that aspect of the install. However advice is available on these forums for stuff that is above that stack, which covers most questions.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)