local_0365 CourseSync creating MS Group Teams with HiddenMembership Group Privacy

local_0365 CourseSync creating MS Group Teams with HiddenMembership Group Privacy

by Brice ROBERT -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I updated to the latest 3.11.2 release of MS 365 at the end of 2022 year and started having multiple issues with Microsoft Teams Group.

https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Microsoft_365#3.9.8.2C_3.10.5_and_3.11.2_release

The MS Teams Groups were:
* created with funny course names, all in small caps and no special character recognized. (i.e. ECN2002-H23-01@my_instituion.ca becomes ecn2002h2301@my_instituion.ca). First manual fix.

* The Group Privacy were set to HiddenMembers, I have never seen this one before. This privacy setting can be switched to Private of Public. I stay that way for the entire course.

* But the worst thing is that, this privacy setting doesn't allow the 

- [ ] Send  copies of group conversations and events to group members

Obviously, the prime function of a group is to send copy emails to its members!!

I checked the Exchange Online Licence and the Institution has it and the group has been created since the beginning of the year.

I sent emails to MS support and waiting for answers but tried my luck here in case someone had the same Creating Group Issue with HiddenMembership Group Privacy.

Cheers