local_0365 CourseSync creating MS Group Teams with HiddenMembership Group Privacy

local_0365 CourseSync creating MS Group Teams with HiddenMembership Group Privacy

by Brice ROBERT -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I updated to the latest 3.11.2 release of MS 365 at the end of 2022 year and started having multiple issues with Microsoft Teams Group.

https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Microsoft_365#3.9.8.2C_3.10.5_and_3.11.2_release

The MS Teams Groups were:
* created with funny course names, all in small caps and no special character recognized. (i.e. ECN2002-H23-01@my_instituion.ca becomes ecn2002h2301@my_instituion.ca). First manual fix.

* The Group Privacy were set to HiddenMembers, I have never seen this one before. This privacy setting can be switched to Private of Public. I stay that way for the entire course.

* But the worst thing is that, this privacy setting doesn't allow the 

- [ ] Send  copies of group conversations and events to group members

Obviously, the prime function of a group is to send copy emails to its members!!

I checked the Exchange Online Licence and the Institution has it and the group has been created since the beginning of the year.

I sent emails to MS support and waiting for answers but tried my luck here in case someone had the same Creating Group Issue with HiddenMembership Group Privacy.

Cheers

Average of ratings: -