Course Certificate Issue Date

Re: Course Certificate Issue Date

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For activity completion - consider that the activity preceding the certification activity must be completed to achieve a certificate. Example a quiz, or some other activity and therefore you get a certificate.

Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by James Todd -
Hi Shirley and Emma.
Sorry for keep asking.

The way you're describing adding the certificate, it sounds as if you're creating the certificate on the course page.
The only option we have is to use a template.
In reply to James Todd

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Using a template is an option but each certificate is still individual to the course. Are you just looking at the template or are you looking at the certificate that you added to the course page? The certificate is fully editable from the course page - go to the settings icon and click on Edit Certificate from that menu.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by James Todd -
Hi Emma
Can you include a screenshot.
I only have an option to manage certificate templates and the usual settings.

I've included a screenshot of my page.
Attachment cert3.png
In reply to James Todd

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Ohh...what certificate plugin are you using? I had presumed it was custom certificate but apparently it is not...

by James Todd -
Workplace course certificate
plugin Version
In reply to James Todd

by Emma Richardson -
Just looked at my copy of that and you are right - if you add a dynamic field there is an option for the Course Completion date...

by James Todd -
Yay!!! Emma.
I didn't even look in there.
In reply to James Todd

by Emma Richardson -
Yes, weird that it wouldn't be under the date field! I have been watching that plugin because custom certificate isn't really supported any more so I will need to switch to something else before long.

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Emma,

Just curious... what makes you think that the Custom Certificate plugin is not supported anymore?

Best regards,

Michael