Changes at Moodle HQ - new appointments in our Product Team!

Changes at Moodle HQ - new appointments in our Product Team!

by Marie Achour -
Number of replies: 0

Hello to all our Community members, 

Firstly, let me introduce myself, my name is Marie Achour and I am the newly appointed Global Head of Products at Moodle. I have been here for just over 5 months and have the honour of leading the group of people in Moodle HQ who design, build and maintain our range of Moodle Products as well as manage our Community engagement activities. 

I’m reaching out to let you know about a few changes in our team and introduce some of our newest team members. 

Many of you will already know Jessica Gramp who has been leading the Moodle Academy team for the last year or so. As of next month,  Jess will be taking on a new challenge as our new Moodle Community Product Manager - her team will be accountable for managing the moodle.org ecosystem and fostering our Community culture, as well as continuing to provide you with rich support, training and engagement opportunities through Moodle Academy and our MoodleMoots. 

Helen Foster, who spearheaded our Community engagement opportunities for the last few years is not going very far. She will be expanding her skill set by moving into the world of UX Analysis and Writing, where she will help shape improved experiences by contributing her in-depth Moodle expertise as part of the UX process. Helen is excited by the change and will continue to be involved with our Community activities, particularly with her passion in supporting translations. 

As a result of these changes, Jess is recruiting for a Community Engagement Lead and we have a number of other exciting opportunities available across Moodle right now, if you or anyone you know is interested, please apply at moodle.com/careers

Helen will be joining a new team here at Moodle HQ, our Moodle Product Experience Team. This team is led by Zoe Rippon who joined our family a few months ago. You will be hearing a lot from Zoe in the future as she is going to reach out to all of you to ask for your help, advice and ideas through research initiatives that we will be conducting to help us continue to build an even better Moodle. 

Talking of new teams, I also wanted to introduce you to Barry van Oudtshoorn who will be leading the Moodle Platform Team. Our new Platform team is all about ensuring that the Moodle LMS you all know and love performs at its best, supports an increasing number of integrations with other software solutions and is the best LMS in the market at meeting the needs of the system administrators who run and operate Moodle all over the world. 

Barry takes on a small part of the role Sander Bangma has played in the past, freeing Sander to focus his and his team’s attention on continuing to shape our Moodle LMS to be best-in-class at supporting educators in creating rich learning experiences for their students as our new Head of Educational Solutions

Both Sander and Barry (and their teams of course!) are now focused on building Moodle LMS 4.1 and would love your support in delivering it, so if you are interested in getting involved, please reach out. 

I’m sure you will join me in welcoming Barry and Zoe to the Moodle Community family and congratulating Helen, Jess and Sander on their new appointments. 

Marie