Not showing button of attempt quiz in Moodle mobile 4.0

Not showing button of attempt quiz in Moodle mobile 4.0

by Хуршидбек Акрамов -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

In the time of using Moodle Mobile App button of attempt quize is not shown.

Please, How can I correct it as admin?

Problem

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Хуршидбек Акрамов

Re: Not showing button of attempt quiz in Moodle mobile 4.0

by Dani Palou -
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Moodle HQ колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Peer reviewers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү

Hi,

is this the official Moodle App download from Google Play / App Store? Or is it a custom app you're creating?

It's possible that the user cannot create more attempts because he reached the limit. Can you see the button with the same user in a browser?

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Хуршидбек Акрамов -
Thank you for answer, Dani!

Yes, this is the official Moodle App.

Maybe, but It is happened in one or more quize activite not in all.
I don't understand in this case.

You are right, the button is shown an a browser.

by Dani Palou -
Core developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Moodle HQ колдонуучунун сүрөтү Particularly helpful Moodlers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Peer reviewers колдонуучунун сүрөтү Plugin developers колдонуучунун сүрөтү
Do you have some custom CSS for the app? E.g. a remote theme in Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile appearance > CSS. Just to discard that the button is hidden due to a side effect of some custom styles.
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

by Хуршидбек Акрамов -
No, I don't have. It is empty. Do I have to write anything here?

by Dani Palou -
No, that field is to be able to add some custom styles for the app (for Premium sites only), but in the past we've found people that removed some elements by mistake using CSS, that's why I asked.

Right now I don't know why this could happen, it might be a bug in the app. I'll send you a private message with some instructions so I can test it myself and try to debug the problem smile
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

by Хуршидбек Акрамов -
Thank you, very much

by Dani Palou -
Thank you,

we've checked it and it's a bug in Moodle 4.0. Here's the related issue:

Once it's integrated you can apply the fix in your site until a new minor version is released.

There is a workaround to make the app display the button: the quiz should include a question that isn't random and it's supported in the app. But please notice that the user will be able to submit the quiz in the app even if it has unsupported questions, we usually display a warning but because of this bug we cannot know if the random question is supported by the app or not.

Cheers,
Dani