Moodle repository and Office 365 - sharepoint storage not visible

Moodle repository and Office 365 - sharepoint storage not visible

by Elke Thoné -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all

Moodle version: Moodle 3.9.6 (Build: 20210325)

OneDrive for Business, repository_office365 version: 3.9.4 (2020071504)

I have installed the office 365 plugin to be able to access files on Shaprepoint Sites. 

The synchronization between Azure accounts and Moodle accounts works fine, I can logon to Moodle using my Office 365 credentials.

When I look at the documentation files, I should be able to access SharePoint(Courses) from the filepicker in Moodle. 

I did not disable this in the settings, but when I open the filepicker in Moodle, I only see my personal OneDrive folder. 

Can anyone help me to also show the Sharepoint sites that I have access to?

Thanks for any help.

Elke Thoné

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elke Thoné

Re: Moodle repository and Office 365 - sharepoint storage not visible

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Would you not have to synchronise Moodle courses with Teams groups first?
I played with these plugins a few years ago, and have no installation to try out and verify now, but I remember such a step, so maybe you'll want to check. There were settings to automate this fully for all Moodle courses or else to manually select which Moodle courses were to have equivalents on MS Teams.
HTH.
Przemek
In reply to Elke Thoné

by Chris Fry -

Hi Elke, 

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this issue? 

We have moodle 3.11, running on windows 2019 with IIS and PHP 7.4

Office 365 seems to sync, with Teams being made based on moodle courses, and memberships transferring. 

OpenID connect is working. 

Under the sync settings - when the legacy sharepoint is NOT set - we only get My Onedrive as an option in the Microsoft 365 repository and there are no Teams listed at all. 

when we enter the sharepoint root path, it accepts the setting and then shows sharepoint (courses) in the repository, along with the linked team names (correctly) - however the content is wrong, it is from the root - see picture attached of what it shows in the repository vs what is actually in the site library. 

I presume it shows the wrong content because of the depreciated sharepoint link - but I can't get it to show the teams at all without entering the sharepoint link. How do I get the repository to show the teams and the right library content? 

This shows the repository on the left hand side - Where it has the team name, but the library content is wrong

In reply to Elke Thoné

by Tim Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers
I'm having a similar issue here, Sharepoint sites which users have access to simply fail to appear in the file picker and the documentation doesn't mention Sharepoint, so it's really not clear what action needs to be taken to fix this. Any guidance much appreciated!
In reply to Tim Williams

by François Lizotte -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello everybody,

We are facing the same issue. Did you find something since December?

François