SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by DeLoy Wilkins -
Number of replies: 13

I have tried so many things to fix this but I am coming to the end of my rope. I cannot get the scorm to show completed after watching it. 

I have: set the maximum score to 1

checked both completion and passed boxes in the SCORM settings. I even tried a new scorm from articulate that I adjusted to show passed/in the publish of the scorm in Storyline. When I uncheck the completion and passed boxes, the scorm shows a completed in the checkbox next to the scorm

The scorm is not showing in the gradebook either. it has a point value of 1 but shows 0.00 in the grades

I tried almost all the fixes and settings I have read.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks a bunch for any help on this. Quite familiar with moodle 

UPDATE: I have a checkmark showing both activities complete which are a scorm and a quiz after completing them , yet the score for the quiz is noted but the SCORM shows 0.00 and 0%

DeLoy Wilkins

Attachment example_gradebook_setup.png
Attachment example_user_report.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to DeLoy Wilkins

Re: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Scorm completion

Sometimes having both passed and completed will cause problems. What does your Storyline module count as complete? Passed? If it doesn't have a quiz, it might be going off slide views and not report 'pass' because pass implies a grade. You also said you set the score to 1 but there is no grade to pass. Perhaps it should be 1? Setting the score to 1 might not be the best choice if there is no quiz. You could set it to learning objects in attempts management (attempts grading) and then it is either finished or not finished.

Scorm Settings.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Renato Muzzini -

moodle 3.11 changes a lot the way an activity is considered "done". and it introduced an error, in my opionion.

in
    mod/scorm/classes/completion/custom_completion.php
row 72:
    $requiredcompletionstatusid = $this->cm->customdata['customcompletionrules']['completionstatusrequired'] ?? 0;

in the  scorm activity completion settings, depending on your choices, you can have checked:
case 1:
    passed  (i.e. requiredcompletionstatusid==2)
case 2:
    completed (i.e. requiredcompletionstatusid==4)
case 3:
    passed AND completed   (i.e. requiredcompletionstatusid==6)

in case 3, a student will never have the scorm marked as "done".

that is not correct. "passed" and "completed" are synonims, depending on the scorm packager. for example, my scorms pass "completed" to moodle, which translates it into "passed".

until moodle 3.10 (and still in moodle 3.11, if you read the help in the activity completion settings) it was a matter of "OR":
activity is marked as "done" if sco is PASSED OR COMPLETED
that is correct.

i know that it's just a matter of modify the scorm settings, activating the "Passed" rule only, for example.
but you have to do this for any scorm packages in you platform… in my case, for example, i alway set "passed" + "completed" for the most compatibility. and i'm speaking of hundred of scorms…

any comment?

In reply to Renato Muzzini

Re: Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by DeLoy Wilkins -

Thank you for your reply Renato,

What you are saying makes perfect sense. I just checked my SCORM in scormcloud and got all passing marks. I have been struggling with these settings for a few days and I am glad to hear that the change was in the moodle. I ran a similar moodle course two years ago and never had a problem , same scorms, same quizes. My SCORMS are only Storyline 3 produced video , no quiz, the quiz parts are moodle based for us. Anyway I am trying the configuration you suggested. I went into the database and can see exactly what the settings are in PhPAdmin and am trying things again. Thank you for your guidance , I will report back on any status changes.

DeLoy Wilkins

by DeLoy Wilkins -
Well I checked and my Moodle version is 3.9 ?  Here is a screenshot of my individual scorm settings. and a screenshot of my site admin grade settings
Attachment chapter_7_passed_completed_checked.png
Attachment site-admin-grade-settings.png

Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Renato Muzzini -
more in depth:
from the help in scorm settings->Activity completion:
Require status -> "Checking one or more statuses will require a user to achieve at least one of the checked statuses in order to be marked complete in this SCORM activity, as well as any other Activity Completion requirements"

please, note: "…at least one of the checked statuses in order to be marked complete".
again: that is correct, speaking of SCORM objects.

but in
mod/scorm/classes/completion/custom_completion.php
you can see:

$requiredcompletionstatusid = $this->cm->customdata['customcompletionrules']['completionstatusrequired'] ?? 0;
// Check at least one track meets the required completion status value(s).
foreach ($tracks as $track) {
if (array_key_exists($track->value, $statuses)) {
$statusbits |= $statuses[$track->value];
}
// All completion status requirements met.
if ($statusbits == $requiredcompletionstatusid) {
$status = COMPLETION_COMPLETE;
break;
}
}

as previously said, if you have checked both conditions "completed" and "passed", requiredcompletionstatusid equals to "6".

but a student will never have both "completed" and "passed" tracks, therefore $statusbits will be 2 OR 4, never 6. consequently, $status will be never set to COMPLETION_COMPLETE
and, well… i call it a bug.
regards.

by DeLoy Wilkins -
I'm still struggling to get the SCORMS to show a score. I have gotten to the point where I show a score of 0.00 in the gradebook after watching the SCORM(video) but I am getting all wrapped up in sooo many settings. I realize that this is a bug. Do you have a workaround? The only solution I have come up with is not grading the scorms, just using view as the requisite and using Completion Progress to give the student an idea of completion. I also have a 10 question quiz presented after each scorm. I'm restricting access to the quiz unless they watch the scorm. I am also using Course Completion Status block. I have access to my database, would changing the statusbits to 2 or 4 make a score show up? or editing the custom_completion.php file?

Ri: Re: Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Renato Muzzini -
about your case: depending on what your LO passes to moodle, uncheck "completed" (or "passed") in the "activity completion->Require status" options.
and make a new test (either in a new SCORM activity or by using another user in the same activity).
regards

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by DeLoy Wilkins -
That did the trick Renato! That was the final piece of the puzzle, seemed to be so many directions that the fixes went in. As well as a moodle update, things are working like they should.
Thanks for your help Very Much Appreciated

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Renato Muzzini -
you're welcome.
in the meanwhile, for any intrested, a bug was filed:
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-71796

regards

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Ronald Vyhmeister -
Hello Friends... running 3.9.9... and having a similar problem... it just never gets marked as complete... here are my completion settings, which I thought matched what has been described above...

Worse problem for me, is that this being an upgrade from 3.5, I'll have to figure out how to fix all the SCORM settings in the DB...

Thanks for your input!
In reply to Ronald Vyhmeister

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: SCORM not showing completed in Course completion status

by Melanie Scott -
The only requirement here is that they look at the activity. Which could mean open it and look at one page. If your students open it and look at one page and are not getting marked complete, I would check device types. Unless you use Moodle Mobile, phones and tablets rarely actually report completion.

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
While MDL-71796 seems to have fixed the problem when both Passed AND Completed are checked in Moodle 3.11if I set Adobe Captivate to return Completed/Incomplete status instead of Pass/Fail. It does not work with Pass/Fail or if just Passed is checked. I just keep getting To do: Pass the activity 🙁
In reply to Michael Milette

by Melanie Scott -
Does your Captivate have an actual score? If not, it cannot really say Passed. What do the reports show? What score is being pushed? If you have no quizzing elements, Learning Objects does a better job than other grades settings--it assigns a 1 (complete) or a 0 (not complete). 
Moodle Learning Objects Grading in SCORM

If you do have quizzing elements in your package (not using Learning Objects), make sure what you expect to be passing matches what Captivate settings actually say--there are two areas in Captivate to pay attention to: 
Settings Quiz Reporting for Captivate
First: You have to enable reporting. You have to tell Captivate you use Moodle. You are better off publishing in SCORM 1.2 as Moodle is not 2004 compliant. 2004 mods will run but may not behave as expected. And sometimes it does not report. You choose if you use slide views or a quiz. If you choose quiz but there are no questions, it will publish but may not actually mark completed/passed properly. If you choose both and there are no questions, it may not mark completed. If you choose 100% slide views and there are any slides the user might skip (including results pages or an end page with help stuff or something), it will not mark completed. And...do you include interaction data? This can help track.

Captivate Pass or Fail
The default is generally 80%. If you have a quiz, you have to make sure your passing percentage is consistent with what you actually expect. Grade to pass in Moodle (if used) should recognize Captivate scoring, which is weird. Captivate tends to automatically assign 10 points per graded question. 28 questions=280 pt. Multi-answer questions do get partial credit. If the student does not get exactly 80%, they don't get passing, 79.96%, nope, did not pass, no rounding but in Moodle, the score might look like a pass. Captivate is stupid complicated. The more stuff you put in it, the more room you have for weird behavior.