Splitting a group wiki

Splitting a group wiki

by John Andre -
Number of replies: 3

I have a wiki setup as separate groups. It has worked great. However, for an additional task, I would like to split the groups into individuals (each student with their own individual wiki).

It looks like once the "mode" is set (separate group in my case) it cannot be changed.

Is there some way to either copy or split or otherwise import the group wiki contents into individual wikis (without copy and pasting)?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Andre

Re: Splitting a group wiki

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
OU's wiki plugin https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_ouwiki has an Separate wiki for every user option, in addition to separate groups.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by John Andre -
Thanks Tim. However, I have an existing wiki (the built in Wiki that comes with Moodle 3.9) which is setup for separate groups. I now want to split this so each student will have their own individual wiki with the starting content of the group (but they should be able to change it without impacting any other student).

The built in wiki also has the setting you describe. My question is about splitting an existing wiki, not creating a new wiki.
In reply to John Andre

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sorry. I misunderstood the question. Hopefully someone knows an answer.