How to create custom Atto buttons on different lines on the toolbar

Re: How to create custom Atto buttons on different lines on the toolbar

by Zabelle Motte -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Great thanks for this discussion and for lovely comments !

As it seems not possible or at least not easily possible to create Atto buttons on different lines, I think I will propose a compromise to my English teachers :
- I will preserve the 6 buttons with dropdown menu with error tags, but error classes will be directly implemented, without asking to complete comment, corrections and other informations about the error (a lot of teachers find it too long to do); these 6 buttons will just work like the atto_styles plugin and no more like the atto_corrections plugin;
- i will add the 4 to 6 "post-it" buttons that will not add any error class but that will only add tooltip for student (teacher want to be free to make comments an to use colors as they want); these buttons will be based on the atto_correction button without error class; these could be an new autonomous atto plugin that should implement permissions !
- other buttons are already existing atto or atto_corrections buttons.

Following that way, I will have 6 + 4 (to 6) + 5 buttons, that means 15 to 17 buttons. It may stay on one line.
Here is a rapid mockup of the new interface ...
writeup revised

And as Richard said, Atto is very responsive and places buttons on a second line if the window is too small to place all buttons on one line.

I think this solves my problem.

Kisses to Marcus and Richard for help ! :-*

Zabelle
Average of ratings: Useful (1)