Ynt: AICC course doesn't work on moodle but works on scorm cloud

by batuhan uzunoğlu -
Number of replies: 6
*Fix : Moodle version is 3.10
In reply to batuhan uzunoğlu

Re: Ynt: AICC course doesn't work on moodle but works on scorm cloud

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I don't generally use AICC but have created packages in that format just to see how they work and have not had trouble with them running in Moodle. What do you publish them with? What does the zip file structure look like? I haven't seen this specific error but if your zip doesn't have the right structure, it won't run properly. If I remember properly, the package has to have an specific file in the top level of the zip structure, otherwise it fails. Even if the file exists but is further down in the structure, it won't work. In scorm it is imsmanifest.xml...not sure what it is for aicc?

edited to add...I just republished one of my (ordinarily packed as) scorm projects in aicc and ran it. It worked just fine. I'd bet it is your structure.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

Ynt: Re: Ynt: AICC course doesn't work on moodle but works on scorm cloud

by batuhan uzunoğlu -

You can see my file structure. I think the problem is not about the file structure because ScormCloud run this file correctly.

Also in AICC we don't need a root folder at top like scorm packages.

In reply to batuhan uzunoğlu

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: AICC course doesn't work on moodle but works on scorm cloud

by Melanie Scott -
You could be right but here is what my zip looks like:
AICC file structure with html and index files highlighted

I've highlighted a couple things that I suspect need to be there. You might check the folder in the zip and see if anything that looks like these is in the folder--if there are similar files, move them up to the parent and try it in Moodle. Like I said, I don't do AICC much but I have been using Moodle a long time. I would bet it is looking for an index file and/or something like the top two files. Maybe they're just captivate bits but I suspect they are important.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Close smile

The list of files shown in Batuhan's zip is also a valid AICC package - more specifically - it's an AICC HACP package where the content is hosted externally to Moodle rather than within the package itself.

AICC HACP requires a few things to work.
1) AICC HACP is disabled by default and must be enabled in admin > plugins > SCORM settings "Enable external AICC HACP"

2) Your Moodle site must be hosted on a public url and externally accessible. If it is installed on your local network or on your local development machine using an internal url like "localhost" or an internal IP address like "192.168.1.45" then AICC HACP will not work. If you are using a locally hosted machine you could try using a MoodleCloud.com site - (just make sure you enable AICC HACP in the SCORM settings first.)
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: AICC course doesn't work on moodle but works on scorm cloud

by batuhan uzunoğlu -
My moodle site hosts on a public url and externally accesible. Also you can see my AICC HACP settings below.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Melanie Scott -
I tell people that I learn new stuff about Moodle all the time, despite having worked with it for 15 years...and here I am...learning something new. Probably not something I'll use but good to know. Had no idea there were two ways to load AICC. Thanks, Dan!