Logging in as a Guest

Logging in as a Guest

by John Ben Ghetti -
Number of replies: 1
I am interested in setting up Moodle as a way for Teachers to post homework assignments and other stuff online.

The question I have is:
Is there a way to remove the login screen? - I want all students to be able to access the classes without being presented with that screen. However I still want the teachers and administrators to be able to login to update their sites.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Ben Ghetti

Re: Logging in as a Guest

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Short answer is no.

Moodle requires that you are logged in as someone when browsing the course pages. So you'll need to require that students to at least use the "login as guest" button.

However, you can customise the login screen a lot by choosing a different authentication method (eg imap or db). You can change/remove the right-side instructions, and you can remove the change-password button.

On the flipside, using Moodle this way (as a simple content management system) means not using almost all of it's unique functionality. I don't know what your situation is but perhaps it's a thought to consider using student accounts and the advantages they offer for better online learning.