Canvas to Moodle restore does not display content images

Re: Canvas to Moodle restore does not display content images

by Alice Garrard -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Janaka, Did you find a solution to this problem?

I am building an imscc file from tests and question bank content. I am not using Canvas to build my imscc file. 

I have images in the Question Stem - these images import to Moodle 3.x properly. 
I have images in the Question Answer Options - these images DO NOT import properly. I am experiencing the same issue with $IMS-CC-FILEBASE$ not being converted to the course url path. 

If I import this imscc file to Blackboard(classic) these images appear in both the stem and the answer options. The file also imports to Canvas and D2L with no errors. 

If you have anything to share that would be very helpful. 

In reply to Alice Garrard

by Janaka Bandara -

Hi Alice, as we found this was a bug with the moodle core. We had to fix the moodle core in order to solve the issue. Moodle is supposed to convert the $ims-cc-filebase$ to a correct path when restoring. But this was not happening due to an error in the code.

In reply to Janaka Bandara

by Alice Garrard -
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I distribute my content to others, so we may need to rethink on our end a bit.
In reply to Janaka Bandara

by Costas Kyr -

Hello Janaka, would it be easy to link to the bug in moodle's bug tracker so we may see how this was resolved? Or any advice how we can search for this bug in the tracker?

Thank you!

In reply to Costas Kyr

by Janaka Bandara -
Hello Costas,

Its better if we can have a tracker for this so the community can contribute to the solution. We also can give some solutions to this.

Thanks