Sub content items missing

Re: Sub content items missing

by Charles Roper -
Number of replies: 3

Thanks Beatriz - I really appreciate the offer of help. 🙏

I think what would be useful is for someone to let me know where to look to see if we have files missing. I have the same problem across all of our instances (local development, test, staging, and live), so I can't compare what might be different from a "working" instance.

We have a git upgrade and deployment process (similar to this) so perhaps some files have not downloaded or updated properly?

I updated to 3.9.2+ (Build: 20201002) last night, but that didn't help.

This forum thread on the H5P site is very similar to the problem we face, but the suggested solution didn't help and it's a pretty old thread anyway, so perhaps not relevant in terms of a solution.

In reply to Charles Roper

by Stuart Mealor -
I have been looking at this, as I encountered similar problem.
New Moodle site - Ubuntu 20.04 server and Moodle 3.9.3.

After checking the H5P installation only the first four activities are available:

Checking the libraries showed a minimal set installed:

Running the scheduled task to update H5P gives an error:

I can confirm that manually uploading H5P objects, such as Presentation and Quiz (Question Set) does work, and adds the expected activities and many libraries. But this should be there from the initial installation, or the update.

Here we can see the Cron job is not completing:

I updated this site to Moodle 3.10, but this did not resolve the situation.

I've created a Tracker items for this https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-70246 please watch and vote and add comments if you have additional information.
Stu
In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Charles Roper -
Stuart,

Thanks for this and sorry for the slow response - I've been flexi-furloughed so time has been tight. The problem we're having does look very similar to your one, although we seem to have all of the "top level" activities. It is only the "nested" content types that seem to be missing.

You mention in the tracker issue that "Manually adding an H5P content type does work, and the content type and libraries are added correctly." I tried this, but it didn't seem to help, although I suspect I may have done it wrong. Are you able to explain how I can do this for the sub-types for the (for example) the Agamotto type?
In reply to Charles Roper

by Stuart Mealor -
Yes, although I understand why this simple process is quite confusing.
If you download an example of an Agamotto content type, for example from H5P.com, and then upload that content to your Moodle site, it will magically rebuild the libraries required for that content type.
In my example, where I had a lot of missing content types, I actually uploaded a Course Presentation, and an Interactive Video, and this automatically adds all the different content types that are available in those two activities.