Office 365 (teams) integration without migrating auhtication method for users

Office 365 (teams) integration without migrating auhtication method for users

by Noel Dieschburg -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everybody,

I'm actually considering an office 365 and teams integration with Moodle.

We are using active directory for authenticating users.  My uderstanding is that users has to be logged via OpenID Connect to his Office365 account to be able to have a full integration with Office365 / Teams. I saw that there is a script to change the authenticating method of existing user matching his username in Azure but we are not quite ready to change the authentication methos of all our users to openid Connect. This is would be a too heavy change for our users.

I understand that tere is a possibility for a user to link his actual moodle account with hos office365 one. But this I would want to avoid too because this is complex.

So my question is what feature of Moodle teams integration do actually need the user to be logged via OpenID Connet or having his moodle account linked to his Office365 one?

Reading all the documentation I could and a little bit of the plugin code,,  here is my present uderstanding :

-  The moodle course synchronization to teams does not need users to be connected with his office365. It just needs the opeindc plugin to be configured and the link between Moodle and Azure to be established

- The moodle tab inside teams. I'm not sure but here I thing that the user has to have an openIDC acount to use it. Or is it a simple iframe?

- Notifications of moodle course to teams. This is done by the moodle bot (if i'm right) but I d'ont know if users have to have an openidc moodle account

Do I forgot some features of moodle teams integration?

I'm a little lost here and I can't test this integration by now. If someone could clarify for me which features do we lost if our users log in with manual auth.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.

Noel

Average of ratings: -