Simple Improvement - Feedback Requested

Simple Improvement - Feedback Requested

by Marty Gilbert -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers

Hello all -

I've written a small patch related to the Assignment activity that will hopefully make teachers' lives a little bit easier. As far as I'm concerned, every little thing that can be done to make teachers' lives easier is a win!

This particular minor improvement involves the summary of all assignments. This page is found by clicking on Assignments in the Activities block in the default theme. (URL: /mod/assign/index.php?<courseid>)

Currently, the student view shows a list of all assignments with their grade (if applicable) in the far right Grade column. If viewed by a teacher, it lists a dash in that column. See below:

Default summary of assignments view for teachers

This improvement would change the dash in the 'Grade' column for teachers to the number of assignments that Needs grading. That number would be a hyperlink to the View all submissions page for that assignment. See below:

Proposed update to summary of assignments for teachers, including hyperlink to the submissions page

I welcome your feedback/comments/sarcastic remarks. If you think this is something that might be valuable to include in Moodle core, add your vote for the tracker item: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-69723

Thanks in advance,

Marty

Average of ratings: Useful (4)