Free Moodle Site Gone; Frequently-used; Seeking answers

Free Moodle Site Gone; Frequently-used; Seeking answers

by Wilson Alexander Oswald -
Number of replies: 3

My organization’s free Moodle site disappeared from Moodle on 15 Apr 2020 We are no longer able to access our account. We use this website frequently for training people in our non-profit, a center for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence.

I am a developer for this non-profit, and I’m seeking answers on why a website would disappear, especially without warning. This website certainly is used more frequently than the 60-day dormancy mark. I hope Moodle still has a backup version of this site, because this would be a major loss to my organization.

Needing answers ASAP. There isn't much Moodle free support, and I can't get anyone to email me back.

Has anyone else had this problem? How was it resolved? 

W. A. Oswald

SAFE Homes-Rape Crisis Coalition, Spartanburg, SC

(Using Moodle Free, sprout.moodlecloud.com)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wilson Alexander Oswald

Re: Free Moodle Site Gone; Frequently-used; Seeking answers

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just while waiting for the MoodleCloud team to come online in Australia - can you check your inbox and junk inbox to see if you received the emails which are sent out to remind people to log in to their sites so as not to have them deleted?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Wilson Alexander Oswald -
Mary,
This is a problem that I am trying to deal with. Our organization transitioned their email system in the last year. The email account associated with our Moodle site was deprecated, and we never updated it in Moodle. Therefore, no one received an update/warning, and the old emails are inaccessible. This is the catch-22. I am working on finding a way to prove that we used the site in the 60 day window, but I was away from work for that entire window of time.
- Wilson
In reply to Wilson Alexander Oswald

by Craig R Morton -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi Wilson,

I have checked our logs and can see that we sent a warning of site removal to your "volunteercoordinator" email on "2020-03-26 15:53:46".

Also, it's worth pointing out that we moved from a 60 idle site timer to a 14 day idle site timer in February. All owners of free sites were emailed about this change, however if you lost access to your email registered with us then you would not have received it. There is also a sticky forum post on here about it, but if you have not logged on to this forum, again, you would not have seen it.

Unfortunately, considering the time past since deletion, your site has been removed from our system entirely with no way to restore it.

Best Regards,
Craig R Morton
Analyst Developer - MoodleCloud