Moodle FN 1.53 is now ready.

Moodle FN 1.53 is now ready.

by Fernando Oliveira -
Number of replies: 11
Picture of Plugin developers

MoodleFN 1.53 is now ready for download. Customizations include...

• An assignment-type that allows for an online editor AND up to 3 uploaded files
  • Site-wide groups
  • A tab-based weekly navigation system
  • A centralized Marking Interface that allows teachers to return files to students.
  • An assignment tracking system that uses checkmarks to indicate completed activities (student view)

... and a bunch of other customizations that make Moodle more applicable to elementary and high school learners.

Click here to see a list of customizations.

Click here to go to the MoodleFN site (demo site and download).

Feedback is always welcome.

Regards,

Fernando

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Oliveira

Re: Moodle FN 1.53 is now ready.

by Deon Metelski -
Hi Fernando,

Great modification and notation. I do have one bug and I have tried a clean install and modding my site with your changes. When I go to setup or edit a course and save the changes it doesn't switch to the course. It just refreshes back to the same edit.php page. I'll take a look at it and see if I can see whats going on.

Thanks for the work,
Deon
In reply to Deon Metelski

by Deon Metelski -
Well I just looked at it. It breaks when adding these FN changes at

line 55
 if ($form = data_submitted() && isset($form->savechanges) && confirm_sesskey()) {

and then again at

line 267
if (file_exists($CFG->dirroot.'/course/format/'.$form->format.'/edit.html')) {
        include($CFG->dirroot.'/course/format/'.$form->format.'/edit.html');
    } else {

Taking these lines out and leaving the original code saves and transfers over to the course view page. Leaving them in just refreshes back to the edit page.
Hope this helps.

Deon

by Joke Scholte -

Hello Deon, I ran into the same error, but I am afraid your solution did not do the trick completely, because you loose the FN features if you change the code back as you suggest. I do hope there is another solution.

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi -

Fernando asked me to look into your problem. I'm afraid I don't understand what the problem you are seeing is. Can you explain in more detail?

Taking out the lines you've taken out will pretty much disable the customizations, so I don't think you want to do that.

The way this works is that if you change the course format, the edit screen is refreshed immediately with the new format. That way, any custom edit screens can be loaded. When you save using the save button, it should go back to the course with the saved changes.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Joke Scholte -

Hello Mike,

Thanks for looking into it. The strange thing is that if I leave the new lines in, I cannot create a course in the format 'Moodle FN' nor change an excisting course to the FN-format. The page just does not save it and I remain on edit.php. When I change the format to any other format however, it does work properly (settings are saved and I am transferred to  either teacher.php or view.php). 

My install is on a linux server with Apache 1.3.26, php 4.1.2, Mysql 3.23.49.

When I turn debugging on, I see a view Undefined property warnings, but they do not seem real serious:

Warning: Undefined property: fullname in /var/www/test_sunsait_com/moodlefn/course/edit.php on line 255

Warning: Undefined property: id in /var/www/test_sunsait_com/moodlefn/course/edit.php on line 256

Warning: Undefined property: shortname in /var/www/test_sunsait_com/moodlefn/course/edit.php on line 256

Warning: Undefined property: id in /var/www/test_sunsait_com/moodlefn/lib/weblib.php on line 1953

Warning: Undefined property: shortname in /var/www/test_sunsait_com/moodlefn/lib/weblib.php on line 1953

Warning: Undefined property: id in /var/www/test_sunsait_com/moodlefn/lib/weblib.php on line 2257

I hope this helps, and thanks again for your help!

Joscho 

by Joke Scholte -

Hi Mike,

I think I have found the problem: The Mysql version is probably to old... I will update it and try again. Thanks for your support! smile

Joscho (Amsterdam, NL)

In reply to Joke Scholte

by Mike Churchward -
That might be it. Your PHP is pretty old as well (although I don't think that is the problem).

mike
In reply to Joke Scholte

by Mike Churchward -
I think I know what the problem is. Make sure your site is configured to allow course themes. This is set in the main configuration/variables section.

If this isn't set, you will have problems.

mike

by Joke Scholte -

Dear Mike,

You are my hero big grin! This did the trick...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Joscho (Amsterdam, nl)

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

by Julian Ridden -

WOW!!!

What else can I say about this modification. Your work is superb and adds alot of new features, makes the interface seam far less daunting, and makes keeping track of marking a breeze. And your "all in one" assignment type is pure genious.

Sadly I am well entrenched into my own existing moodle site and cannot move over, but I look forward to seeing what you can do with 1.6. The customscripts code will mean adding customisations like yours into future Moodle installations a breeze.

I have many clients who ithink will like to use the work you have done.

Many thanks for sharing with the community