Lounge

ThirumaN
Moodle Users in India

Hey moodle users in India,

I see few people in India is using moodle for various things. can we come together and meet to share our experiences and promote moodle here. I think we can be a forerunner in changing the educational scenario in india.

venkatesan

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Himmat Singh
Re: Moodle Users in India

Hi Venkatesaran,

gomangoVery heartning to see an attempt to bring India's Moodle users together. You would be glad to know that we have a very successful online-learning hub for DOEACC students (1000 active participants) on Moodle. >>http://vidyaweb.com. Our partner uniLrn has active moodle implementations in DPS Faridabad and DPS International. >>http://unilrn.com.

Also, our open source venture >>MoodleThemes is a globally known repository for good quality Moodle Themes. Plus, we are not limited to Moodle. Our company >>Ballistic Learning is active in end-to-end e-learning consulting, content conversion and complex LMS development (we are >>dokeos development partners).

A lot has begun to happen in India in open source e-learning!

Picture of sudhakardayal srivastava

Yes I am trying to understand Moodle as administrator as well as Course Faculty. I found the instructions very clear and implementable. Let us see how far I can go alone in this area. I will keep the group informed abt the progress. If any one is ready to do that I can help him out in India. Bye

Picture of hariom yadav

Why don't you try Orbitnote, which provides next generation tools for achieving this and much more ...

Visit- https://orbitnote.com/

Picture of kedar dave

Hello There,

I have been working with The Galaxy Education System , Rajkot since last 6 years.

I have joined as ICT Administrator, but started Teacher's training in using technology in classroom.

I love to work with moodle. And I will be working with eXe to develop SCORM course.

But I need guidence.

Picture of Kamal Joshi

HI! Kedar!

Its really nice to see some rajkotians to take part in moodle.

Regards,

Kamal Joshi

Picture of Jamie Pratt
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writers
Hi,

I'm based in India. I'm a developer who's working on international contracts - I developed a couple of modules the Flash module and the TUI module and I'm now working on Moodle for Mobiles to allow access of Moodle through Japanese and possibly other countries mobile phones.

I'm living up in Dharamshala, HP. It would be great to have a Moodle Moot get together in India!

Jamie

Picture of Himmat Singh

Hi Jamie. Would love to meet you. When will you be in New Delhi next?

Picture of Jamie Pratt
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writers
I travel through Delhi quite often. I have to go through Delhi to get to nearly anywhere else of course. I don't have any plans right now to go down there in the near future but will let you know when I do.

ThirumaN

Hi,
Thanks. I live in pondicherry working at pondicherry university. I'm running my chemistry courses with moodle in a very small way and trying to convince my university to go to moodle way to run its distance education program. (I'm not sucessful so far. Of course you know that lot of money is involved in conventional distance education mode). Also planning to launch our moodle based commercial education service in sciences shortly. (When we get our first subscription, I'd like to donate some money to moodle's cause)By the way you are all welcome to pondicherry. I'll happy to receive you at any time. In case you visit down south (a beautiful india exists) you can call me.

Dear Himmat,
I know about your themes and routinely talk about that with my friends. Eager to meet you.

Dear Jamie,

I'm surprised you are based in India and love to meet you.

Picture of Joe K

Hi Venkat,

I am in the US but has a small team in Trivandrum, Kerala working on Moodle and I spent lot of time there and love to have a meetup..

Joe

Picture of Joe K

Hi Venkat,

I am in the US but has a small team in Trivandrum, Kerala working on Moodle and I spent lot of time there and love to have a meetup..

Joe

Picture of sudeep gaadhe

its a great news
that we are spreading e-learning in India
India really needed that.

Picture of murugan muthu

hi venkatesan iyengar,

I am murugan, teaching computer science to higher secondary level students in

southmost part of tamil nadu and interesed  in using moodle.

I am eager to share our knowledge on moodle.

Can you please tell me, how to share?

M.Murugan

Swisstac

hi Muthu,

were ur from

Picture of andy choo

Hi guys,

I'm an Educational Consultant based in Singapore. I have been using Moodle for the past 12 months and have since developed a Singapore-based Mathematics Learning course at http://www.edhub.net/edhub_dorm with the vision to promote the spirit of Freestyle Learning.

I'm very happy and excited at the prospect of some many avid moodle users in the educational scene and hopefully we will be able to work hand in hand with to help bring Singapore-based education to India and hope to benefit the students over there.

Andy Choo
Edhub Incorporated
Singapore

Picture of Richard Treves

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Moodle!  I had a look at your site, looks like you've put a lot of work in, it looks professional.  One thing, you might like to think about the colour scheme, those with impaired sight find a high tonal contrast really helps (black on white  is perfect , blue on grey is medium contrast)  and your site has  only a medium tonal contrast between text and page.  Hope that helps and look forward to seeing you around.

Rich

Picture of andy choo

Thank you for your comments, Rich.

Yup, I have spent quite some time working on the themes and the site, hoping to introduce this a freestyle learning approach to online learning.

Thanks again for your feedbacks and i will work on it.

Andy

Picture of Himmat Singh

Hi Andy. We would be glad to help you. We are already seeing how successful freestyle, collaborative learning can be in India through our own very active online-learning portal www.vidyaweb.com more than 1000 participants.

Picture of Utkarshraj Atmaram

Hi everybody!

I wonder if we can form a group of Moodle users in India. I've been using Moodle for quite sometime now (http://moodle.dbit.in) at Don Bosco. Although there are lot of Indian Moodle sites registered, most of them seem to be inactive or test installations.

Most of the institutes in India continue to use commercial Learning Management Systems such as TeN Acado. It would be great if we can come together, share our experiences and spread awareness about Moodle.

Currently, I am working on a Hindi translation of Moodle (incomplete). There is an incomplete Kannada translation available as well (thanks to my fellow Wikipedian, Hari Prasad Nadig. I invite others to join Hindi translation efforts. It would also be nice, if anybody can take initiative and start translating Moodle to other Indian languages.

Picture of Ramz p

Hi

I would like to join the Moodle-India Group.

Im working with HCL using Moodle LMS for e-learning.

Thanks.

Ram

Picture of Makarand Kedare

Hi..

I'm a new user of moodle. I  request you guyz to guide me to understand few things -

1. what is technical architecture of moodle.

2. how to customize moodle completely as per my requirement. e.g. i want to replace default main menu with totally my main menu.

pls help me guyz...i'll keep you bothering !!!

Makarand  

Hi Makarand,

Welcome to Moodle!  People here are usually happy to help out for free but it helps if you show that you've tried to work out your problem looking at the documentation, if that doesn't help it will also help as you can be more specific about what your problem is.

Documentation is here:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Main_Page

Rich

Picture of Makarand Kedare

Thanks Richard.

I have learnt to create menus, quiz etc. & infact created a good model of moodle in my training centre. Hats off to moodle. Now the problem -

I have many coruses to put on LMS. I desperately want to group them in a systematic manner. For which, I want to create Tree like Main Menu for users e.g.

1. RDBMS

1.a Oracle 

1.a.i   Oracle Basics

1.a.ii  Oracle DBA etc

1.b SQL Server

1.b.i   SQL Server - Basics

1.b.ii  SQL Server Administration

2.  Web Development

2.a  HTML / ASP

2.a.i   HTML basics

2.a.ii  ASP basics

2.a.iii ASP Database integration

It means if an user want to undergo trg on ASP basics, he need not look into a large list of courses. He should find it in two clicks !!!

Anticipating solution from you guyz...

Makarand

OK, there may be a better way of doing this but the way I would do it is to construct a 'gateway' page outside of Moodle which includes your navigation as you describe it.  You would then link to each of the courses (they end up with their own URL) which would jump the student into the needed course within moodle.

Of course you'll need to refresh the links as they won't do this dynamically but it will do for a start.

Rich

ME

I am a lecturer in a management college in ghaziabad(uttar pradesh)

I have been using moodle in my department for 1 year now.I am quite satisfied.

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
Picture of Richa Sharma

Hi,

I am a lecturer in Delhi University. Want to introduce moodle in my curriculum. Can u help?

Usha

Hi

What is the subject that you are teaching ? I am a freelance consultant with more than

25 years of IT Experience and at present working on Moodle & Content building

Usha Deo

Picture of shivaprasad imdapur

Hello madam,

My name is shivaprasad. I am new to a moodle. can you help me to build customized e-learning application using moodle

Picture of ilaya raja

hi i can help u if u any problem in moodle

you can contact me on ilayaraja17@rediffmail.com

Jagdeep Singh Pannu

Hello Everyone,

I am based in Chandigarh. I just landed on this thread and created a Moodle India Group on iMoodle. All are welcome to join and add discussions and interact. I would be glad to meet up if anyone is around in Chandigarh; do get in touch.

Best,
Jagdeep Singh Pannu
iMoodle

Picture of Vivek Sharma

Hi everyone!

Pl. inform me one if a moodlers are meeting in India. I have experimented a lot with moodle and have a good exposure and contacts in Higher education in the north.

Vivek Sharma

Picture of Mahesh Bhave

Folks, I'm In San Diego, and I taught a MBA course using Moodle last semester. Loved the ability to do this. This was strictly an online course. While teaching it, I realized its enormous potential in India when used as a tool to complement classroom instruction - thus a mix of online and regular classes enhanced by Moodle.

What university is likely to play a lead role in implementing this? I think many are likely doing this?

Picture of Paul Fynn

Certainly the 'in phrase' at the moment is towards 'Blended Learning' rather than online learning (apart from distance courses/institutions). In the literature one explanation of this is that online was seen as a 'solution looking for a problem', and the development of the concept of Blended Learning gives stakeholders the opportunity to save face (and money) on failed online projects by bringing the technology back to the classroom and closer to face to face deliverers.

One of the things that becomes clear very quickly when implementing Moodle (and I suspect any other platform) is that its about pedagogy/learning/teaching, and not just about the technology.

As such platforms such as Moodle may, in my view, offer practitioners not only the opportunity to save time and effort by giving them tools to manage their students, but also an important source of self-reflection about their assumptions and teaching activities.

So yes, I think you will find a number of institutions combining F2F with Moodle.

Picture of Mahesh Bhave

Appreciate the thoughtful reply and indeed this is about pedagogy. In the process of learning and teaching, I've drawn some conclusions. One notable is: The "class" can continue beyond the confines of the semester, if the hosting university allows it. Thus, as I teach semester over semester, I can be augmenting the curriculum for a long time, to ever larger groups of students. I can keep updating the readings. The "class" can become unwieldy over time, but that can be managed by a technical fix and controls. But the reach of the teacher can extend long into time. And this reach of the teacher is surely many people's experience with their best teachers - they mostly remain virtual and unconnected except as living memory.

Picture of Mahesh Bhave

Paul, thank you for the terminology of "blended learning" and "F2F" - I've heard "on the ground" as the opposite of "Moodle." I also appreciate your comment about "online" (and even "distance") and its isolated life before "blended" possibly saves it.

Picture of Catherine Hanson

Our school uses Moodle for the teacher's lesson plans and homework assignments.  We encourage the parents to check their student's homework assignments daily and we also have them use it if the students are absent.  That way there is no excuse when a student is absent.  He or she always has access to the assignments.

Cathy

Picture of kamal rastogi

Hello Everyone,

I am so pleased to see India's Moodle community at one place.

I reprsent an IT Consulting Company in New Delhi , and we are very active in Moodle world past 2006.

Presently we maintain two popular sites www.talentbarometer.com and www.whizlabs.com.

www.whizlabs.com is world leader in selling SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCMAD and SCEA Mock test series .We get 3000 new visitor visiting our site daily.

www.talentbarometer.com is aimed at offering CBSE, AIEEE and IITJEE online test series, and we got operational in March, 2009. we have 2000 registered / regular users till now.

We would love to offer advice /take advice.

Let's do a informal Moodle meet on 4th July , Saturday in Nehru Place.

Interested buddies please send in your names and contact numbers.

Best wishes.

Kamal Rastogi

Picture of TekConz India

great to see the moodle increasing day be day in India.We as an organisation is trying to push moodle in bhopal too.Our oraganisation is having moodle experts and we are trying to promote moodle a lot.Please free to contact us.

Picture of prashanth Gannarapu

hi
that is good .can i contact you if i need any help in usage of moodle.in my compny i have been assigned with exploreation of moodle.but i hope i have to go long way to do more with moodle

Hi vivek.

I am e-Learning application for android tab. can help me about moodle architecture, how to customize it and how to bring to mobile. my e-mail id is shiv.imdapur@gmail.com. I will be greatful if u help me

Thanks in advance

shiv.

Picture of prashanth Gannarapu

Hi venkatesan
i am working as a sofware engineer.i am happy to see the people of India who are using moodle coming together
i have implemented the usage of moodle for online training and conducting tests
a good tool to explore with.It has all the requirements that a education system meets

Picture of Abhayjeet Singh

Hey!! Im a international student from India at a uni in UK on intern year and trying to make a moodle website for my employer and also trying to convince them to go this way before i return back to uni l!

Pretty hard job i'd say! Wish we had a free parental reporting bit as well which will be a legal requirments for all the schools in uk starting sept 10.

I just dont like format and templates - asthetically unpleasant is the word i'd say ( trying to compare it with blackboard what my uni uses), but hey then its free!

Picture of Krishnan NS

Hi,

Moodle Professionals in India can show their professional presence by joining the Linked group called "Moodle India"

Here is the link to the same.

http://www.linkedin.com/e/her7db-ghpzqm0l-1q/vgh/3717947/

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
Picture of Anita Mourya

Hi,

Nice to meet all you guys!!

I am a developer in India. I have recently joined a company who works on Moodle2.0. We already had a project in moodle 1.9 where a lots of customization was done and now we are supposed to convert everything in Moodle 2.0

Picture of Ravishankar Somasundaram

Dear Anita,

Yes, its nice to meet you as well

A small vote of advice, when you upgrade your customisations to 2.0 try to make them as addons.

So that you dont have to face the very same situation in future.

~ ~ ~ Peace - Ravishankar Somasundaram ~ ~ ~

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
Picture of Anita Mourya

Thanks for the suggestion. We are trying to do it as plugins and separate modules but for some places we have to do it in core modules also.

Picture of Sheshachaliah N

Hi, We are a small team based in Bangalore (Dhruva Consulting). We are starting the work on Moodle from today with a hope to deliver Moodle services to the best satisfaction of our esteemed customers.

If all the Moodle users in Bangalore agrees, we can have a group activities in Bangalore. Suggestions welcome.

Average of ratings: Fairly cool (1)
Ashutosh @ Leith Hill- England

HI Where is your site hosted???

Hi Sheshachaliah..

I am agree with you. can you give me your contact details. It will helpful for further helps to each other.

Picture of Gaurav Kumar

Dear Venkatesan

I am Gaurav Kumar from Chitkara University, Punjab working on Moodle from more than 4 years. It is really an excellent platform for dynamic realtime knowledge delivery.

Picture of Gaurav Kumar

Hi Gaurav,

I have just started on moodle and by your post it seems you have been working on Moodle from past 5 years. Great!

Can you help with some of the questions below-

1. Any best finance management plugin you know to manage student fees for a course? Manage financial aspects of Paying teachers.

2. Any plugin for Dropbox queries/questions from students other than helpdesk activity module?

Helloooo Moodlers....smile

It is very exciting to see that Moodle has spread its reach in Indian Academics arena, it is not far to see that our students will soon have a virtual keyboard on their finger tips.

I take this opportunity to welcome all and introduce myself and my team. We are Limited company and been working with Moodle from verison 1.5 to the latest. We are a team of few but very selective IT professionals that deals with UK's VLE queries clients ranging from elementry Arts, Science, English not the least but Business School. No no no; it does not mean that we aer expensive to hire, no we not.

We look rward to hear from you soon that will give us the opportunity to serve you better!

Picture of Raju Patel

Hi Every,

Nice to See you Here....

Regards,

Raju Patel

Ahmedabad

Picture of Pooja Jain

Hello,

Its great to see so much happening with Moodle India. I run a complete online Art academy throught moodle. www.ifaaonline.com
Its India's first online art education academy.  

All you’ve been given are the tools, how you use them is up to you.” Do you build something or do you leave them in the box?

I believe Like corporate organization's CSR we  too should stand for social responsibilities. To build something new or to help promote and make it reach as many people is a good thing. Moodle is the platform and we admins are the conductors or the catalyst to help promote this world wide. The usage has certainly changed the outlook for educators and  for people persuing it. It does makes a difference for sure. Excellent process and amazing are the support developments and softwares comes with it. So, we all must make a successful use of this platform and start using the several tool to deliver a high quality education and learning experience.

Ravi Limaye

There is need to know moodlers of the region with "Open Mindset of sharing and learning."

Picture of Sandeep Jadhav

Dear All,

NITTR Bhopal has conducting 5 days course on Use of Moodle for courseware development.  Prof. Karaulia, Prof. Mathai, Prof. Agrawal &  Prof. Ravi Limaye is the best faculty members involved to spread moodle for education sector in India.

This will help educational institutes whose faculty attend this course in NITTR Bhopal.

Sandeep

kushal mehta

Hi Guys,

Please let me know you have latest knowledge about moodle, we can share our experience for moodle.

thanks

Picture of Pushpraj Singh

Sure, please let know, what do you want to know.

I have ample experience and solve your problem.

kushal mehta

Guys

i was using "Moodle Google" plug in for 1.9 version.It was so powerful that it grabs data format vise from google.Unfortunately it is not working for higher that 2.0 moodle version.Please suggest me something.

thanks

Picture of Nitin Jain

Hi Kushal,

Would you provide more details about the plugin? what exactly it does and what exactly you want with new moodle.

probably me or someone else here would provide you an aalternate solution to that.

thanks
Nitin

kushal mehta

Hi,

I am talking about following plugin.

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1608%29

It is very powerful and impressive in moodle version 1.9 but it is not working into version 2 and above.

thank you.

Picture of Saravanan Arumugam

Is it possible to have a comment options below a lesson and followed by quiz or question page. 

Is it possible with moodle. 
Do i need to customize the core? Please suggest me.

Thanks
Saravanan

Picture of Baba Jee

Hi, We urgently need to connect with a moodle expert in Bangalore, India. Kindly reach out to me @ 8123617991

Picture of dawn alderson

Baba Jee, hi

is it worth taking a look at the partners available in India, they work on email too smile

see list: moodle.com/partners/

tis the front page of this course...scroll down.

hh

Dawn