Fordson - messaging problem

Fordson - messaging problem

by David Kummerow -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Chris,

I'm using Moodle 3.8 and the current version of Fordson.

Until now, we have had messaging on our site disabled. However, since our community is now going to be located in their homes due to the pandemic, we have decided to enable messaging to bring some "community".

I have discovered a bug with messaging. When attempting to delete a message conversation, the message box to click the delete acceptance is hidden behind the conversation message. I've attached a couple of screenshots for where I'm talking about. Boost doesn't have this issue, so I think it is something to do with Fordson.

The first image shows the button I click on to attempt to delete the conversation. The second image shows what happens. There is a botton that is hidden behind the message and so the conversation cannot be deleted. Occasionally I've had the botton appear, but usually it is hidden.

Any ideas for what I can try or look into?

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,
David.

Delete conversation

Delete conversation not working

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Kummerow

Re: Fordson - messaging problem

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Plugin developers
I am not sure something in the theme would affect the messaging sidebar. I do not believe we are doing anything to stop it's normal functioning. What is odd is that you mention that sometimes it appears and sometimes it does not. When does it appear and when does it not? Is it a particular course? That might prove useful.