Not getting any sound from my quiz when playing...

Re: Not getting any sound from my quiz when playing...

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Tom,
Go back to your Audacity files and export them as Mp3's, or even Ogg files. Change the, Save as type, to Mp3. If you haven't already done so, you will have to install the Lame Mp3 encoder to be able to do this. Directions for that can be found in the Audacity Help.

Note: Depending on where you are placing the sound files, you might be able to save a lot of time and effort, by recording directly into the quiz question using the Record Audio tool in the Atto editor. It creates sound files encoded in .ogg format.
Note 2: If you try to put sound recordings in Multiple Choice questions, you can add only one at a time between edits of the question. This is true for the question text area, as well as each answer text area. I would assume that other question types will work the same.

I've included a sample made right here in this forum entry using the Record Audio tool to show how easy it is.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)