Klass Theme - Show slider in the Dashboard Page

Klass Theme - Show slider in the Dashboard Page

by Siddharth Patel -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings

I am having Klass theme installed in my moodle site.

Version: Moodle 3.8 (Build: 20191118)

Theme version: v3.8.0.1 (2019112201)

I want to show the slideshow on the dashboard beside the front page.
And the way the courses are shown in the screenshot of the theme page, want to show categories instead.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Siddharth Patel

Re: Klass Theme - Show slider in the Dashboard Page

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
? The dashboard and frontpage are different pages that are not side by side. So I don't understand what you're asking?

What screenshot?

For 'show categories' instead, have you looked at the frontpage settings?
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Siddharth Patel -
Thanks for the reply.

About the slide show, I am getting it perfectly on the front page, but the same way I want to show it on the Dashboard as well.

And about the category list, Right now I get the list view which is attached in the image here. But I need them in the card view as shown on the Theme page. Is there any setting available in the theme settings option or the coding is the only option available?

Required view for the categories list:

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Siddharth Patel

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Ok, I've written some code on the Squared theme: https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_squared that makes the available courses into cards. Its open source as is the rest of Moodle so you're welcome to copy and adapt it in the theme. It's not an easy task though and yet not too difficult either as I've already created the solution.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)