Problem with Atto editor Record audio and Record video

Re: Problem with Atto editor Record audio and Record video

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Progress report. I have tried everything I can think of, (following glossary, diary, journal, question, simple lesson, page resource) but this has got me stumped. In simple terms, to get this so that a recording is made in a textarea, you need the following:

• a database table
  • in lib.php a function mootyper_format_entry_text($entry, $course = false, $cm = false)
  • a view.php file
  • an edit.php file
  • an edit_form.php file

With only a couple of name changes, I duplicated these items from Journal, and placed them in MooTyper.

• created mdl_mootyper_entries table with the same fields used in Journal, except field, modified changed to timemodified.
  • in MooTyper's lib.php, I added the function mootyper_format_entry_text($entry, $course = false, $cm = false) with the only differences, mootyper in place of journal, wherever needed.
  • In MooTyper plugin folder, duplicated journal's view.php renamed as simpleview.php with the only differences, mootyper in place of journal, wherever needed.
  • In MooTyper plugin folder, duplicated journal's edit.php renamed as simpleedit.php with the only differences, mootyper in place of journal, wherever needed.
  • In MooTyper plugin folder, duplicated journal's edit_form.php renamed as simpleedit_form.php with the only differences, mootyper in place of journal, wherever needed.
I can add a recording In the Atto editor created by the edit.php and edit_form.php. I can save, then re-edit and play the recording in the editor. I just cannot play the audio from the player in view.php.

Today, I copied these three files and the function into the Journal plugin. Everything, including the audio player in the view.php file WORKS there.

In desperation, I deleted everything in MooTyper except the minimum code needed to get the three files to still work. Still does not work.  There were a couple of other functions I had to keep in MooTyper's lib.php file to get the three files to work, so I plan to work my way through them to see if they are causing my problem.

In simpleview.php, when I look at the output from the Firefox console tab, it is reporting, Media resource could not be decoded. When I had most everything deleted it reported error 407, HTTP load failed with status 407. Load of media resource failed.

Any suggestions?