Performance issue with Moodle mobile app

Performance issue with Moodle mobile app

by Nirosha Rathnayake -
Number of replies: 1

I have installed a Moodle 3.4 website on CentOS 7 and nginx 1.17 (on VMWare EXSi 6.7). It has more than 200 students. The Teacher has started to use Moodle Mobile app for students recently. They are having problem when working with the Moodle app. It does not show files and images as usual. And this is random (users and the content) and not for all the students. Could not find any issue from the server but following error. Also for YouTube videos they get error as I the attached Image. 

FastCGI sent in stderr: "Unable to open primary script: /path/to/moodle/local/mobile/check.php (No such file or directory)" while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: lms.xxx.xxx.xxx, request: "POST /local/mobile/check.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock:", host: "lms.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Therefore I have upgraded the Moodle website to 3.8. But still I am having this error.

When using the PC all the content shows as usual. Your support highly appreciated on this problem.

Attachment youtube error.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nirosha Rathnayake

Re: Performance issue with Moodle mobile app

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello Nirosha, 

>>FastCGI sent in stderr: "Unable to open primary script: /path/to/moodle/local/mobile/check.php (..)
This is not related to performance issues. (The app tries to detect a plugin.)

>>YouTube videos they get error as I the attached Image
We detected that YouTube, among other third parties content providers, can block petitions. We opened an issue already about this:  https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-3252. We suggest you that become a watcher of that issue, so you will receive automatic updates.

>>It does not show files and images as usual
Can you facilitate us more information? Which error message is being shown?

Regards, 

Isabel