Report Explanation

Re: Report Explanation

by Mario Gharib -
Number of replies: 4

Thank you Dan from your reply,
Actually the thing is that I would like to know why it was a guest that has deleted the Item instead of the course manager ? For example, the Course Manager (with role Manager) created Item ID 17416 while Yammine Yammine (Guest) deleted this Item ID

Date     Nam     Event context     Component     Event name     Description     Origine
7 Nov 19, 12:05     Yammine Yammine     Cours: USJ hors murs     Recycle bin     Item deleted     Item with ID 17416 deleted     cli
31 Oct 19, 11:09     Course Manager     Cours: USJ hors murs     Recycle bin     element created   Item with ID 17416 created     cli

In reply to Mario Gharib

by Mario Gharib -
I was thinking about the cli thing. So anyone knows which cli could be that it run to execute these two command ?
In reply to Mario Gharib

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Think what you see is mis-leading.   When teacher (maybe student) deletes something from a course, it goes to recyclebin as a backup (.mbz).  Where it stays until X time has passed where the deleted item is moved to trash.  Where is stays for 4 more days before removed.  This 'moving' is done via backend/php scripts ... cronjob/task ... thus reference to cli.

So the 'cli' isn't that user executing something from cli it's an automated process that was triggered by user actions who really don't exercise control over.

Not a programmer myself ... just an 'observer'! smile

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Mario Gharib -
Thanks @Ken for the reply smile

Well actually the weird thing, as you can see in the table below, is that I allowed guest access (to our university users) to this course.

So how is it possible a user (for example the user: Yammine Yammine) with only guest access to delete something (even though it is a 'cli') ???

========================================================

date Nam Event context Component Event name Description Origine
7 Nov 19, 12:05 Yammine Yammine Cours: USJ hors murs Recycle bin Item deleted Item with ID 17416 deleted cli
31 Oct 19, 11:09 Course Manager Cours: USJ hors murs Recycle bin element created Item with ID 17416 created cli
11 Nov 19, 14:05 Khachab Youssef Cours: USJ hors murs Recycle bin Item deleted Item with ID 17457 deleted cli
4 Nov 19, 13:10 Course Manager Cours: USJ hors murs Recycle bin element created Item with ID 17457 created cli

In reply to Mario Gharib

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Think you are going to have to take a deeper dive into the course.

Go go the course: USJ hors murs? and see what's in it.  And is it guest only with no other roles that can sign up?

Login as Yammine Yammine.   Go to this guest accessible course and see what user can do.  As well as what module is ID 17416 (mouse over whatever to see what url)

What system wide or course roll does Yammine Yammine have?
What is 'Item with ID 17416' ... a glossary where participants in course can add entires? (that's a guess)

'SoS', Ken