Problem with a plugin

Problem with a plugin

by BintuGomes BintuGomes -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I have a problem with a plugin ( i don't know which one) and i can't login as an administrator (or as any other user whatsoever). I am getting the following error:

Your session has timed out. Please log in again.

I am 99% percent sure that a plugin is causing this problem. Is there any way (via FTP maybe) to disable one at a time the plugins in order to check which one is causing this issue?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to BintuGomes BintuGomes

Re: Problem with a plugin

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi BintuGnomes,

Did you recently upgrade your Moodle site? I had the same issue when I first upgraded one of my Moodle sites to Moodle 3.7. Turns out that particular site was using a theme based on the now deprecated BootstrapBase base theme. Instead of telling me what the problem was, Moodle simply would not let me log in.

To resolve the issue, I renamed my theme's directory to *.old. Not being able to find the theme any more, Moodle defaulted back to the Boost theme and I was able to now login.

I can't say it always works but I have had some good success in temporarily renaming a directory by adding an extension to it such as .old as Moodle ignores these. You would not get the same result if you added _old to the folder name.

You should be able to do this with most plugins to temporarily diablo them just don't forget to rename it back afterwards.

Hoe you find this useful.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

by BintuGomes BintuGomes -
Hello,

I have a problem with a plugin ( i don't know which one) and i can't login as an administrator (or as any other user whatsoever). I am getting the following error:
https://mtcatcher.com
Your session has timed out. Please log in again.

I am 99% percent sure that a plugin is causing this problem. Is there any way (via FTP maybe) to disable one at a time the plugins in order to check which one is causing this issue?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you..
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you my issue has been solved,....

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you can add this to your config.php
@error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
@ini_set('display_errors', '1');
$CFG->debug = (E_ALL | E_STRICT);
$CFG->debugdisplay = 1;
You may find out more

by Acqua Alta -

Did you see Michael's reply?

It's also my suggestion- Trying to hide plugin folders (in the server) from Moodle, so it would load without them.