Allow guests to submit a questionnaire

Allow guests to submit a questionnaire

by walid al-qerem -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I tried for hours to manage to get guests to submit a questionnaire without success  

I tried to change the permissions in the questionnaire and in the admin tools

Guest can now only preview  the questionnaire

Are there any detailed step by step instructions on this?

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to walid al-qerem

Re: Allow guests to submit a questionnaire

by Joao Freitas -

Hello,

I am also interested in this functionality.

I've seen an older forum thread where it was stated that this was not possible (and with a suggestion of using "Feedback" on the fronpage instead) along with some interest of the initial contributor of Questionnaire in knowing more about the reasons and needs of the interested users to specify such a feature. Apparently to no positive outcome.

Is there still an interest for this functionality in the community and would the present maintainers of Questionnaire be willing to look into it - should there be such an interest?

Best regards,

-- joão

In reply to Joao Freitas

Re: Allow guests to submit a questionnaire

by EA Carl -

"Is there still an interest for this functionality in the community"? Yes.  Specifically to be able to have site-wide customized survey/questionnaire/feedback publicly available (via the Guest login) for the data collected to be secured in the Moodle instance backend.   The Teacher role will need to be able to request the questionnaire's site-wide accessibility, but of course the Admin will have to instantiate the questionnaire on the site's frontpage.  Maybe there is a logistics issue with this about the admin needing to have oversight control of the content on the frontpage.  But we are running a very small Moodle site where the Teacher is the Admin (me) so I may be asking for something that is out of the standard protocols for the various Moodle roles.

I have been trying to figure out how to use "Feedback" on the frontpage but am struggling right now with getting a Feedback Activity Block on the frontpage with the specific theme that we are using (Fordson for Moodle 3.7).   The alternative, that I have found so far,  is to create a course open to Guest logins that contains a Feedback Activity Block with the desired survey.

Unless in quotes or capitalized, I am referring to survey/questionnaire/feedback interchangeably as a functionality.