Video Tracking SCORM

Re: Video Tracking SCORM

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Those people will be sorely disappointed. nothing automatically converts to a scorm. iSpring converts ppt to scorm by importing it in but I never messed with video on it. scorm isn't a video format, so there is no converter.  I suppose some LMS's do something on tracking (maybe LearnSoft? but that would be the same as putting it in Camtasia or another authoring software, just embedded in...) but I'm not sure.

Auto tracking in Moodle--if you use learning objects, rather than grades for the scorm, it might report complete/not complete but my experience is that it is better to have a question at the end to get good reporting.

Have  they tried H5P? Sometimes it tracks completion from the perspective of remembering where you left off...but reporting is really rudimentary. Really long videos tend to forget where the user leaves off but  as long as you keep the videos shorter (I just tested a 12 minute one and it was fine. the 90 minute video broke badly; might be better if you put it on an external video server and linked it, which is possible, not just youtube)

Oh, and on Zoom, the trick is to turn it on...if you don't tell it you want it...no transcript.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)