New resource type - simple presentations

Re: New resource type - simple presentations

by J B -
Number of replies: 8
This looks very interesting and I would be keen to try it, as a lot of our users are "powerpointy-headed" but am guessing that, resource type or not, it will conflict with the "slideshow" activity module we are using, demo visible here and downloadable here: zip.gif slideshow.zip

The functionality is somewhat different, as I wrote this module last year (original thread here, although the module has developed since) primarily to help tutors who had directories full of raw digital photographs that they wanted to display, so the idea was to make numerous large images easily navigable and bandwidth-friendly within reason, and captioning was added as a bit of an afterthought. However, it would be nice to be able to offer a resource more targetted to pp-style presentations, especially with this direct "tidy-up" option.
In reply to J B

by Will Taylor -
The Demo is "currently unavailable to students".
I'd love to see it, can it be opened up for access?
thanks - will
In reply to Will Taylor

by J B -
Apologies - fixed that, you will need to log in as guest.
In reply to J B

by Art Lader -
Wow, James,

That is GREAT!

Thanks,
Art
In reply to Art Lader

by J B -
Thanks Art,

we aim to please!

James
In reply to J B

by Ernesto Gaston Pacheco -

James it worked perfect!! Thanks. I did the translation into Spanish so if you want to add it to the Lang´s, I send it here.

Please let us know when you upgrade the module (if you do).  I find it great automatic resizing and that one can add pictures to the slideshow even after it is done, just by dropping a new jpg image in the directory!!. smile Gastón

In reply to Ernesto Gaston Pacheco

by J B -
Ernesto

Many thanks for your translation into Spanish, this is now in the zip. big grin I am glad the module works for you, it was always meant to be user-friendly rather than technically impressive. The most recent code update was the 9 May 2006, when I removed a bug from the backup/restore function.

Latest version is always available here:

zip.gif slideshow.zip
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to J B

by Ernesto Gaston Pacheco -

James,

Hi!! Here I am again, I am using slideshow a lot.  Is there any newer version?
If there is please send it and I wil gladly translate the new messages.

I am having a problem with the captions, when I write themn using accents like á é í or Ñ ñ etc. I get rubbish after saving and If I use the html "&aacute" for example it one works one time then it dissapears.

Kind regards. smile

In reply to Ernesto Gaston Pacheco

by J B -
Hi Gaston

I don't know which version you are using - the latest version (2006082800) may have solved your problem.
I did try with those characters and they all worked fine for me on this version, but there may be server related character type issues. The latest version is always at http://virtual.cornwall.ac.uk/downloads/slideshow.zip and the main discussion for this module is at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=38935

If the latest version does not solve your problem please let me know and I'll see what I can do