I am done.

Re: I am done.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

Your problem seems to be performance related. Did you try in the Hardware and performance forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?forum=94 ?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: I am done.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

I truly believe that you speak from experience. But what disappoint me is the fact that you have not reported your problems earlier. You joined moodle.org only to tell your sad story - just 12 hours prior to your post.

Another observation: You said, "I work at school that manages its students' grades and assignments with Moodle." Did I hear right, the school uses Moodle _only_ as a management tool for students' grades? Impossible may it sound, I have seen a University which does exactly that: 90% of their courses are just shells until the final week of the semester, when the lecturers start transferring the grades from their Excel sheets to Moodle.

Taking about the grade book, I remember threads complaining of its slowness. From memory the problematic table had 9000 rows and how many columns I don't know! And this quote, "Every single little thing I want to do in Moodle is held up by page load after page load. Putting a simple gradebook together of assignments and exam can take about 15 minutes... or 30 seconds on any basic spreadsheet software." shows that you do not understand how "spreadsheet" calculations are done in an Apache server through PHP! Call yourself lucky that the connection didn't timeout.

I fully believe you that further GUIs like the progress bar didn't help. But it was beyond help, for sure.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)