How to edit "course/edit.php" with my custon theme ?

How to edit "course/edit.php" with my custon theme ?

by Vinicius Geo -
Number of replies: 0

Hi, 

I believe that my question follows the same line of   "How to edit core files  with plugins ?"  . I read the answer and understand that as a possibility, but I can't stop to wonder if I'm misunderstanding something or even if there is easier solutions.

Just to give a little bit of context. I'm a trainee or an entry level developer and I am using the moodle 3.5.3+ (Build:20181116).

So my problem is that I want to change the way that the form for editing a course is presented on edit.php. Mostly the changes that I want to make are possible to do just adding more of css, but I believe that I have to put some new html on it as well. The objective is to make a sort of table of contents rather than the default dropdown. So I want to put a nav with things like: 

<a href="#header-one">Header One</a>

Well, I already did some stuff on my custom theme like to override renders and changing some templates. At the beginning I thought that I would override a class on course/renderer.php and maybe change some files along the way to find a kind of hook or callback to course/edit.php. However, it's seems not to be the case and I can't find any mention to edit.php other than ""$url = new moodle_url('/course/edit.php',...."". 

Is there any way to change the course/edit.php from a custom theme ?

What are the methods to make changes to files that aren't renders and aren't .mustache ?

Should I make scripts to make the changes for me like proposed on the other discussion topic ?( "How to edit core files  with plugins ?"

Thanks in advance and sorry for any poor English.

Average of ratings: -