Working on plugin for Custom home page and management of its contents

Working on plugin for Custom home page and management of its contents

על ידי Garrett Boone בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 0

Hi, I've got a few questions. I'm attempting to create a home page that will be for marketing purposes, and will have no Moodle content. It will have a carousel of advertisements, etc. The content of the home page needs to be managed where a list of files/images that are in the carousel, for example, are available to a staff member to oversee.

I envisioned the access to this "custom-management" page as through the admin Moodle menu...and I've achieved a menu item and a "settings page" link to the right of it:

screenshot of menu item

Question 1: is this the right discussion place for this?

Question 2: Can the management page be in the Moodle settings system? I have not been able to figure out how to click on "Front Page Settings" and have it lead to a settings page. It's just blank.

I followed the tutorial for making a local plugin, and I have a settings page item of the generic options type as in the tutorial. In addition to the settings page being blank, I have also run into problems with the /admin/search/ link returning blank after attempting to figure more out.

Question 3: If I cannot do a settings page in Moodle, can someone direct me to how I can end up on a page that I can at least write from scratch?

I had attempted to manipulate the existing home page using the $CFG->customfrontpageinclude setting and used a ton of javascript in the process, but I've concluded I just need a blank slate to make it look like what I need. I know this has been done before, but I am having a hard time finding examples.

Thanks!

ממוצע דרוגים: -