cmi.raw.score vs cmi.objectives.score

Re: cmi.raw.score vs cmi.objectives.score

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0

I love hearing about new authoring software!  That's not one I've seen before.  That sounds interesting. 

I looked at their help stuff on line--a quick look suggests your (relevant for this conversation) variables are Last global score (or total score in test variables--but generally I think most scorms overwrite something like last global score with total test score unless you force something else) and Last status.  From what the docs say, you can likely force values.   And yes, that's exactly what I mean.  It basically tells the authoring tool to do something it isn't doing yet. 

With Lectora I could create an action sequence that would change the status Dan was talking about to completed when a particular page was viewed or under certain condition.  In Captivate, I set my preferences to determine passed or completed and whether they need to view all, view a percentage, get a specific score, finish the quiz or some combination.  I I was willing to learn to write javascript, I could get it to do a bunch of more complex stuff but...I'm not. I think articulate is somewhere in the less complicated range and publishing scorm with Camtasia is an either complete or not (if you add some sort of interactivity).  Don't really remember how eXe works (and it has been so long since I've used it, it probably isn't the same any more).  It is probably similar with Composica.  I tend to recommend poking to see how different configurations work.  That's what I do. 

If all else fails, you could probably write some sort of script you could paste into your final page after publishing which would report completion.  And by that...I mean opening the zip scorm file, finding the final page, looking at the page code, figuring out what it does and modifying it to do what you want.  It can be done.  I've done it (and my techie skills are dramatically inferior--I leave the heavy teching to real professionals).  It isn't easy.  It isn't fun (unless you like that sort of thing).  But it will work (eventually). I'm not recommending this, just saying it is possible.

It looks like there is access to variables in your software in the More tab...but, with no practical knowledge, that's a guess.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)