Event monitoring

Event monitoring

Napisane przez: Helen Brennagh ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 2

Good morning,

I understand that some fixes have been made to some performance concerns that were raised around enabling Event Monitoring (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-51833). I'm curious as to whether people have been using Event monitoring successfully for a period of time and what some of the parameters around that are. For example, how many courses do you have on the system, how many users and how many rules have been set up on the site? 

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Thanks

Helen

W odpowiedzi na Helen Brennagh

Re: Event monitoring

Napisane przez: John Provasnik ()
Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Testers
I had some performance issues and other random issues (that ended up being related to Event monitoring) when on 2.8 on a locally hosted Moodle. Now on 3.1 and hosted on Amazon, I use event monitoring with a moodle of 1,500 users (900 concurrent), 63 staff, 350 courses, and two rules. One rule sends an email to a course teacher if a student was manually enrolled into their course, and the other rule sends the teacher an email whenever a student receives a badge from their course.  I recently have been having issues resetting courses ( where moodle would come to a white time out screen and I didn’t know if the course actually finished being reset )  so I added a rule to email me when it course has completed the reset process. Once I get that email, I close my browser window ... no more sitting and waiting wondering if the reset is ‘done.’ All seems to be working great for me for the past year. I love this tool.