Problems running grunt/cibit precheck

Problems running grunt/cibit precheck

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

When I recently updated my MailTest plugin, I noticed grunt had reported 1 error:

Grunt badge 1 issue

When I click on it to see the precheck results. it says:

grunt changes

(1 errors, 0 warnings)

This section shows files built by grunt and not committed [More info]

Problems running grunt

So I clicked on the "Problems running grunt" link and then on the link which came up on the next page:

PLUGIN-16831 local_mailtest: cibot precheck request

There it says:

Branches unavailable | Project has too many branches to search

Branches unavailable. When I hover over it with my mouse, it says "Project has too many branches to search". Below that it says "No related merge requests found".

I could find no other indications of a problem. The plugin is compatible with Moodle 2.5 to 3.5 and grunt didn't complain about that yesterday. I am not sure what it is talking about and could not find anything in Google about something similar.

Anyone have suggestions? Any nudge in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Problems running grunt/cibit precheck

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Michael,

I have been seeing the same grunt, 'Project has too many branches to search,' complaints on the two plugins I maintain, ever since I took them over. So far, I have just ignored the notice, but like you, would like to know what it means.

In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Problems running grunt/cibit precheck

by Baptiste Desprez -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Michael,

I had the same problem. It's because of :

public static function get_reason() : string {
        return 'privacy:metadata';
    }

in provider.php, which is only compatible with PHP 7 (Moodle >= 3.4)

You have to make a specific version for Moodle < 3.4.

You can see the small change to make in https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_33_STABLE/enrol/guest/classes/privacy/provider.php

Average of ratings:Useful (2)