SCORM content not responsive in small devices

SCORM content not responsive in small devices

Fernando Moreno -
Кількість відповідей: 5

Hi, 

I am using some adaptive and responsive SCORM content in my courses produced with Elucidat. Responsiveness seems to fail when using small devices such as iPhone 5, SE, etc. It is certainly a problem related to Moodle, as the same content can be displayed correctly in Scorm Cloud. 

I have tried it with different themes and by changing the css  #page-mod-scorm-player #scormpage div.yui3-u-1-24  { display: none; padding:0;}, which makes the wrapper page almost disappear. But the issue is still there.

Can anyone help me with this? Should it be considered a bug in Moodle? Thank you!!

Вкладення online-link.PNG
Вкладення without-mobile-app.PNG
У відповідь на Fernando Moreno

Re: SCORM content not responsive in small devices

Fernando Moreno -

I believe that this issue is being addressed (https://tracker.moodle.org/si/jira.issueviews:issue-html/MDL-46563/MDL-46563.html) but not resolved. It seems awkward that it has being assigned a "minor" level of priority, when this is affecting almost every SCORM content created by main authoring tools: Articulate, Lectora, now Elucidat, ... 

Merlijn Knol -

Dear Fernando,

I found this message when I was searching online for a solution, as I'm facing the exact same problem with mobile responsiveness. 
Was your issue ever resolved? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Merlijn

Franco Pomidoro -

Hi, we found this post searching about this issue and posible solution.

As stated, there seems to be no official solution:

We managed to workaround this issue with a small jquery script for now .

We add the following snippet just before the </body> tag in the layout file the SCORM player is using. For example "embedded.php" for the pop-up window.

<script>
function resizeme() {
    $('#scorm_layout').height($(window).height());
}

$( document ).ready(function() {
    $( window ).resize(function() {
        setTimeout(resizeme, 1500);
    });
});
</script>

It just set the height for #scorm_layout to whatever the window height is. It works with a timeout because Moodle seems to be doing the same on resize but always changing it to a fixed number. 

DISCLAIMER: this was tested on Moodle 3.5 with a modified Gourmet theme. I cannot state it works in every situation.

Best!

У відповідь на Franco Pomidoro

Dan Marsden -
Фото Core developers Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Peer reviewers Фото Plugin developers Фото Plugins guardians Фото Testers Фото Translators

Thanks for sharing the hack! -  it would be really nice if someone could develop a patch for core that tidied up the window height that doesn't require the timeout - if you get round to this please add it to https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-62057 and I'll help to get it into the core release!

У відповідь на Dan Marsden

Baz Pope -

Hi Guys

Have you heard any news on this one?  I've recently created a Moodle instance which will be accessed on large and small devices, which looks great on a desktop and then simply refuses to resize to the height of a screen on a mobile.  It's a real shame as it's otherwise pretty good.

I've tried including the JS suggested but it just doesn't seem to make any difference for me.  I tried including it in the additional JS section for the theme, any reason why that should/shouldn't work?

Cheers усміхаюсь