Klass Theme how to change the title of courses in according with the language

Re: Klass Theme how to change the title of courses in according with the language

by luca gualco -
Number of replies: 6

Thank you Mary, for your answer.

I think it is a theme question because the translations in according with the language works well for the content, the menu, the courses, etc, but it doesn't work on the blocks on homepage.

I hope someone could help me.

See soon, luca.

In reply to luca gualco

Re: Klass Theme how to change the title of courses in according with the language

by Mary Evans -

Hi Luca,

I have just ask for this discussion to be sent back to Themes forum.

In the mean time I will work on this and try and find a sollution.

My apologies...

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by luca gualco -

Hi Mary, you have nothing to apologize for.

Indeed, it is me who must thank you for all your work to find a solution for my problem, and for all work and time you devolve to this forum

Thank You, very much, Luca.

In reply to luca gualco

by Mary Evans -

Ciao Luca,

I did some searching round and found some information for you just in case you did not know this already.

Here is a document which explains how to add Course names etc.

https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Multi-language_content_filter

The way the Courses are displayed on the Frontpage in Klass theme you need to use the Moodle <span lang="EN" class="multilang">Course name</span> and have the Plugin > Multi Language Filter enabled and not the Plugins you are using, as that uses a different code altogether.

However even with just the options in Moodle the Course title on the frontpage course list as duel languages which is wrong, so this is a Theme problem. I will see if I can replicate this in my Moodle test site?

I have also found a coding error in the KLASS theme which I want to try and fix for you.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by luca gualco -

Hi Mary,

thank you very much for this answer.

In reply to luca gualco

by Mary Evans -

HERE IS THE LINK to my on-line test server. The link calls the Klass theme in the URL as I did not want to change themes for my site. Look at the way the language translations course titles are listed one above the other in the Frontpage course list. I think that is a BUG but not sure how to fix that. The other is it .> at the end of those course names. Again this is a coding error.

I've tested  this again, but using the Adaptable theme instead, and see that it does improve things?

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Moodle in English: Re: Klass Theme how to change the title of courses in according with the language

by luca gualco -
sure, it's a great help.

Thank you