Moodle APP + Vimeo privacy setting

Re: Moodle APP + Vimeo privacy setting

by Louisa van der Linden -
Number of replies: 7

My vimeo is working on web and Mobile app. Just tested with a normal public vimeo video.
I'm on Moodle 3.5:

• Allow Frame Embedding is not enabled. My understanding is that this setting is if you want your Moodle site to be embedded into other systems e.g. when using LTI.
  • I just went to Site Administration > Plugins overview > Multi media plugins (must be enabled > click on settings > click on Manage Media Players. then in-line with Vimeo, just enable it. See attached. It then immediately worked.

Attachment Capture.PNG
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Louisa van der Linden

by Deron Spencer -

I have the same issue. Vimeo is configured with my domain to only allow my videos to be embedded there. This works fine on my moodle site as the videos show up there but when I use the moodle mobile app they don't. Is it that the moodle app streams the videos via a different domain or something? 

In reply to Deron Spencer

by Thierry Seguin -
Same issue too.
I've juste enable vimeo plugin but but it doesn't help. idem with Allow frame embedding" (allowframembedding) activated that is no useful on App.
Moodle 3.8.2.

(Editado por Dani Palou - envío original martes, 5 de mayo de 2020, 13:17)

In reply to Thierry Seguin

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Thierry,

I removed your image because it contained a user token and the site URL. Please be careful when sharing that because it can be used to access your site with a certain user.

For all of you that say it doesn't work even with allowframembedding enabled: please make sure your server (Apache o whatever) doesn't force X-Frame-Options to 'sameorigin'. The server should be configured like this:

X-Frame-Options "ALLOWALL"

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

by Thierry Seguin -

Thanks. Where can I configure that ? I've asked to my internet host, and he said it's no on his side.

regards,

In reply to Thierry Seguin

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It depends on the server you're using. If it's Apache, it is usually in the httpd.conf file. For IIS servers I think it's in the Web.config file. I'm not sure about others.

Please notice the exact command also depends on the server. Please see some examples in here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options#Examples
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

by Joel Alvarado -

Thanks to Dani

This worked for me, it's going to be a security issue but if you don't need that kind of security, this works perfectly.