BOOST | Radio Button Alignment in Lesson Question Page

Re: Radio Button Alignment

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Further to this there are some BUGS with the Lesson module in that it clashes with Bootstrap 4 CSS in some places, also the form layout used to display the questions is also affected hence that big gap between the questions and the left-hand margin.

This last problem relates to a Moodle Tracker that I was assigned to, and was almist fixed with either earlier this year or last year, I forget as time flys by so fast!

It is related to that extra column you highlighted, the reason it was not fixed is that it conflicted with some templates in Boost theme. 

I am now trying to solve another issue in the Lesson module if I can but not too confident about it as Lesson is an old module with some outdated code.

A challenge...worth doing.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Not sure if this is related, but there is a bug in the Boost theme when displaying longish multiple choice question answers text. They are not wrapped!

See this discussion (with a hack): https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=378803#p1527350

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Joseph, 

The fix for this may be ok however it needs to go into the Raw SCSS and NOT THE RAW INITIAL SCSS YOU MENTIONED IN THAT LINK!!! 

So for our readers here is the SCSS for a suggested fix fir this problem.

Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Boost > Advanced settings > Raw SCSS

#page-mod-lesson-view .answeroption .text-nowrap {
  white-space: normal !important;
}

cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I'm running Moodle 3.5.3 (Build: 20181112), and I created an example MC question.  Mine wraps fine (as is without CSS), but the indentation is not the best.

Attachment wrapping.jpg
In reply to Mary Evans

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mary,

1.- It also works OK in "Raw initial SCSS", but I expect it's best to put it in Raw SCSS for some reason.

2.- I've lost touch with both the Lesson activity and the Themes, so I can't help much with fixing or reporting that bug, but I wonder why it's there in the Boost theme (and of course in all the themes based on Boost).

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Evans -
Hi Joseph, If I am not mistaken, I think the fix for this breaks other places in Moodle, so it had to be reversed when I attempted a fix for form layouts in the very early days of the Boost theme.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

[FIXED] Re: Radio Button Alignment

by Sergio Comerón -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary!

What finally happened with the issue of wrapping the multiple answers? I think it keeps happening. We in our surroundings have it solved by injecting the following css. 

#page-mod-lesson-view .text-nowrap {
white-space: normal!important;
}

This works for us

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Thursday, 7 February 2019, 10:19 AM)

In reply to Sergio Comerón

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

I honestly do not know as I have not done any Moodle coding in ages...I have totally lost track of things!

If that fix works for you then at least I an add a FIXED notice to this discussion, which will help people who find it.

Thanks

Mary