Problems accessing Moodle Mobile with SSO CAS authentication

Problems accessing Moodle Mobile with SSO CAS authentication

by Eduardo Hm -
Number of replies: 1

Good Morning,

I need a little more information on the problem that is presented to me. I have a Moodle 3.1.6 platform configured for a multi-authentication, since I have as main method of authentication against SSO CAS and the possibility of access through certain manual accounts. So far so good.

The problem arises when you want to use the Moodle Mobile app with these settings. To begin, according to the documentation, if you have CAS authentication you have to install a plugin "Additional Features of Moodle Mobile" in which among other things configure the type of login:

• Through the APP
  • Using a built-in browser (for SSO plugins)
  • Via a browser window (for SSO connectors)

I install and configure it, both with option 2 and option 3. But it behaves in the following way, not being the expected behavior:

• I access the app on iOS, enter the URL where I want to connect. It opens a browser embedded as I configured it above, where it shows me the screen of multiidentification (users cas and users not cas). I select CAS user, and it takes me to CAS authentication. I authenticate, and the problem comes when I access the platform, it is as if I continue in the embedded browser, not having the appearance of the APP Moodle Mobile (orange appearance) but the appearance of the platform as I see it on a desktop PC .
  • On the other hand, in another node that uses tests, same version 3.1.6, with the same configuration of multi-identification (CAS + manual), if I do not install the plugin "Additional Features of Moodle Mobile", and access to the app Moodle Mobile with a user with a manual account, returns me to the moodle mobile app with its appearance and the functionalities that can be configured. If I login with a CAS user it gives me an error.

How can I solve this? Or is the issue of Multi-Identification a problem to make use of this APP?

Thank you very much in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Hm

Re: Problems accessing Moodle Mobile with SSO CAS authentication

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Eduardo,

this has been reported recently, it seems that when multi-authentication is enabled in some cases it may fail.

First question, are you using a custom version of the Moodle CAS plugin?

Could you send us a test user account so we can check what is happening to mobile@moodle.com?

Please, reference this post in the email body

Juan