Contact Form for Moodle (webmail)

Re: Contact Form for Moodle (webmail)

by Salim albdwawi -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Michael,

Hope you doing well

Could you please clarify how to configure contact form as a block?

i already install the contact form plugins and filter code,but when i copy the html code to the block it appears as it is.

i want to put an image and link that code with the image, so when i click on the image it directs me to the contact form.

also when i adding the block by admin user or as teacher it does not display to the students. Please advice and help, your support is highly appreciated.

In reply to Salim albdwawi

Re: Contact Form for Moodle (webmail)

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Salim,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been away for a while.

Most of the time, issues related to copying code to a block have to do with incorrect URL.

The easiest way would be to include the FilterCodes plugin and following the related documentation found at https://github.com/michael-milette/moodle-local_contact/blob/master/README.md#creating-a-new-form

As for the block not showing up for students, that is not a Contact Form for Moodle issue. I suggest you start by adding simple text first to a block and get it to display for students. If you are having trouble with this, you could try configuring settings however it might be simpler to delete and re-create the block.

Once you have that working, then you can replace the content and insert your image. Note that you cannot just copy the URL from the editor. While editing an HTML block, you will only see a temporary URL which gets replaced as soon as you save the content. If you copied the URL from somewhere else within Moodle, it won't work.

Once the image is in place, highlight the image and use the Link tool to turn the image into a link. Point the link to the contact form.

Hope this answers your questions.

You might want to consider signing up for the next Learn Moodle Basics course offered for free at https://learn.moodle.net/. The next session will be starting on January 7th, 2019.