Webdav repository - copy only not link?

Webdav repository - copy only not link?

von Just H -
Anzahl Antworten: 2

Hi folks, trying out a webdav repository for the first time and it looks like I can only copy the resource (SCORM or file etc.) rather than link to it. "Allow external links" under "Common repository settings" is selected.

Can someone confirm this is the way it works or what I'm missing please. If it does work this way, what's the point of using it?

Moodle 3.2+ and NextCloud as webdav repository.

Regards

H

Mittelwert:  -
Als Antwort auf Just H

Re: Webdav repository - copy only not link?

von Stefan Roder -

Hi Just H

Basically it should also work with linking to a file. I don't know NextCloud but I'm running an Owncloud server which is almost the same.

I remember that it might be a problem on the remote side (e.g. NextCloud, Owncloud, Typo3) but can't remember which settings are responsible for activating "linking allowed".

Could also be a bug so check the version of NextCloud you are running.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Stefan

Als Antwort auf Stefan Roder

Re: Webdav repository - copy only not link?

von Just H -

Thanks Stefan, but having searched high and low again for the past 5 hours or so still no luck. I installed Nextcloud a few days ago so running the latest (in fact, I see there has just been another release, I have 11.0.2 and 11.0.3 has just been released). Can't find any settings in Nextcloud nor any hints on their forums, in Moodle, no option to link just copy so looks like a waste of time at this point unfortunately.

Regards

H